Messages posted here can also be received as emails: information pre-print options:     

Templot Club Home list recently active topics
  Search  Image Gallery  My Account  Members  Help       

Forums and resources for users of Templot track design software about Templot Club

Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.

quick links: files, photos and messages archive on Yahoo
A single message from topic:  Beginner 2nd (or 3rd) time around   in forum:  Baffled beginners
main Templot web site

Single message by Andrew Howlett       Topic: Beginner 2nd (or 3rd) time around
Posted: 15 Aug 2017 10:18
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank  Go to topic 
Andrew Howlett
Torquay, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Dear Martin & fellow Templotters,

I purchased Templot 0.74A on 28/09/2002 and did have a go at learning it then, but have forgotten 99% of it since!
I've now started a new project - ordered the shed, booked a builder to lay the concrete foundation, booked the electrician, and drawn the track plan on the back of an envelope (designed around Peco 0-gauge track.  Last night at the club I was told I should be building my own C&L track, so I guess I should be drawing up the plan in Templot as well.
If there is anyone who can spare a few minutes give me a nudge into the right menus in those new dark unknown areas that were not even a twinkle in Martin's eye when I first started, I should be most grateful.

Firstly I need to draw a 24ft by 13ft rectangle (the shed), followed by a second rectangle 103mm inside the first (the inner wall), then create the continuous running line (c/l 75mm inside the inner wall - works out at about 5ft 11ins radius at the ends, I think), then finally add a passing loop each side (one to clear a 190mm wide island platform, from which I can develop the rest of the station - based on St. Agnes on the GWR Newquay branch; the second at running line/siding spacing from which to develop the fiddle yard).

I know that later, when I need to insert the catch points and the double slip, I will have to face "partial templates", the mention of which has always sent shivers down my spine.

Many thanks,
Andrew Howlett

A single message from topic:  Beginner 2nd (or 3rd) time around   in forum:  Baffled beginners
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion live online chat Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes. If you want to re-publish any of this material or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.