Messages posted here can also be received as emails: information pre-print options:     

Templot Club Home list recently active topics
  Search  Image Gallery  My Account  Members  Help       

Forums and resources for users of Templot track design software about Templot Club

Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.

quick links: files, photos and messages archive on Yahoo
A single message from topic:  Exactoscale track parts and turnout kits   in forum:  Trackbuilding topics
main Templot web site

Single message by Hayfield       Topic: Exactoscale track parts and turnout kits
Posted: 10 Aug 2018 15:26
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank  Go to topic 
Hayfield
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Derek

Thanks for the kind words, and I am mighty relieved at not being in a position to have contemplated taking over C&L or apply to distribute Exactoscale track parts. I do understand Phil has lost the confidence of some customers. And I would like to think had I been in his position I would have done things differently, on the other hand I might well have done things a lot worse.

First and foremost I believe its important that this part of the hobby survives and develops, I think that in the long run the two businesses will both benefit by being separate entities, whilst I have limited knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes I have been in a position is seeing first hand customer interaction at shows.

I also would love for those modellers who build their own track start using the special chairs, but I have seen first hand the reluctance of all but a few to take up on this idea, track builders are a very small community within our hobby, those using special chairs then are a small community of those building track.

Looking at the customer demography of model railways is older modellers stuck in their ways and unwilling to change, by in large wanting to buy in person not mail order. Whether its deserved or not C&L is a brand that a majority of its customers enjoy and are deeply loyal to. Granted some are completely hacked off with, but thats life

I have seen a great improvement with C&L over the past few months, losing Exactoscale rather than be a great financial loss in my opinion free up Phil's time by reducing the product range and duplication and open new avenues for the shows

The fact of Exactoscale's temporary unavailability is not a decision made by Phil. Somethings which seem to be financially detrimental end up being a blessing. Hopefully in a few months things will be back to normal, if a bit different. For some the saying of be wary of what you wish for has come to fruition !! I wish for a bright new future and think it is a step in the right direction for all

A single message from topic:  Exactoscale track parts and turnout kits   in forum:  Trackbuilding topics
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion live online chat Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes. If you want to re-publish any of this material or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.