about Templot Club cookie information pre-print options:    

Templot club top logo looking for Templot? - (free)

you are not logged in  - Login | Join

receive all messages by email: info

Recent Topics
  to bottom of page     Search  Image Gallery  Gallery Upload  My Account  Members  Help  
make a donation  
please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors Templot Companion - User Guide:  Beginner's Guide | Contents | A-Z Index
            messages archive on Yahoo
page trail:  Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > Singleton West Sussex
main Templot web site

Rating                           Singleton West Sussex
  Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3       
 Start new topic   Reply blank   Printer friendly 
  Rate this topic  
AuthorMessage
 Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
81st message | this message only posted: 3 Nov 2013 16:54
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank 
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
shape file for "straight version"

Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
82nd message | this message only posted: 3 Nov 2013 22:03
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin

Sackcloth and ashes time......

My only excuse is that it was probably a feature of the newer version of Templot, but "Modify shape" "wrap along control template" is absolutely brilliant :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

In my further "tinkering" I have just wrapped that original plan along the 15' curve template through the station and it works a treat.....

now to see if that helps me resolve my layout design

best wishes

Richard

83rd message | this message only posted: 3 Nov 2013 23:37
Martin Wynne
West Of The Severn, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Please do not send requests for help direct to me via email or PM.

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Richard_Jones wrote: "Modify shape" "wrap along control template" is absolutely brilliant :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:Hi Richard,

I'm glad you found it useful. :)

For anyone else, the full words and music are at:

http://templot.com/companion/index.html?wrap_picture_shape_to_curve.htm

regards,

Martin.

84th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2013 11:34
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi All,

An interesting learning lesson - having had trouble with clearances on the layout I tried using TEMPLOT on the actual layout - too big for my available space and although all the turnouts were larger than on my original plan, when transferred to my compressed/curved layout they (in my opinion) look and fit better, albeit with the 6' being slightly challenged in the same area, but not to the extent of the previous version. 

Yes, I will have to scrap some timbers and rivets, but still cheaper than being unhappy with it after it is all built!

best wishes

Richard

85th message | this message only posted: 3 Jan 2014 15:16
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi All,

Hope you had a Happy Christmas and New Year.

I couldn't resist the temptation to "play trains" a bit, so below is a picture of a ballast train leaving the down loop (in the wrong direction!) - I think it would have had a larger loco than an A1 on such duties, but its the only loco anywhere near finished! (ballast brake and wagons - 5&9 Models, Terrier - Westward kit)

Looking at photos of the prototype, there is a distinct reverse curve into the down loop, so I think I need to move that point further back, as increasing the ruling curvature through the station has resulted in it being almost straight. Also, I appear to have the platforms too wide, so some "tweaking" will be necessary on TEMPLOT before track is actually laid .

Best wishes for a successful year of modelling in 2014

Richard

86th message | this message only posted: 6 Jan 2014 11:08
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

Can I pick your brains on transition curves? - as I mentioned in my previous message I'm indicated I was going to "tweak" the curve between the down main and down loop which is formed by template 87 - I've also moved the turnout (86) forward and used the "s curve transition" on 87, without knowing what I'm actually doing (!!!) - but this looks a bit better, even if I'm not convinced of the alignment between 86 & 87!

I know the photos of the actual station may give a false impression due to foreshortening, but is there anything else you can suggest to improve things, accepting that I've already distorted the geometry by constraining it to a constant radius through the station?

many thanks

Richard

87th message | this message only posted: 6 Jan 2014 15:33
JFS
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello Richard,
Just had a look - v nice!  But that is quite dog leg there.  I was thinking that if you made 66 a 1:9, the alignment is much better.
I had a play - it is not finished, but it shows what I mean.
Cheers,
Howard

88th message | this message only posted: 11 Jun 2016 18:28
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi All,

progress has slowed somewhat - photographs of the turntable are still illusive, but a selective scan of one of the Bannister photographs has revealed the edge of the pit, indicating, I think, that it was not a boarded table.
I am waiting on a copy of a drawing from Carlise Records office for a 45' Cowan & Sheldon turntable

I have just "found" a mechanism that I acquired many years ago to use on a turntable, not envisaging it would be for a model of Singleton.

best wishes

Richard

89th message | this message only posted: 4 Feb 2017 21:59
Andrew Duncan
Reigate, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello RichardAny news of your progress.....?
Kind regards 
Andrew 

90th message | this message only posted: 4 Feb 2017 22:13
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Andrew,
I'm afraid there's not been much progress recently - all of the track is built, but the sticking point is clearing the garage so that I can get on with the serious woodwork for the baseboards.

I also have a large backlog of suitable stock awaiting the paint shop, and have distracted myself with a 7mm mini layout.....

Best wishes

Richard

91st message | this message only posted: 5 Feb 2017 20:24
Andrew Duncan
Reigate, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello Richard
The mini 7mm sounds interesting. What's that all about?
Andrew

92nd message | this message only posted: 5 Feb 2017 22:12
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello Andrew,I am afraid I succumbed to temptation and bought myself a Dapol KESR Terrier in O gauge, which in turn led to a Steam and Things Pickering steam railcar kit! So an Edwardian era KESR layout is in the offing using a couple of baseboards salvaged from an earlier 4mm excursion......
Best wishes
Richard

93rd message | this message only posted: 7 Feb 2017 01:10
Andrew Duncan
Reigate, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello Richard
Thanks for the reply and the pictures, the Terrier looks lovely and the steam railcar rather interesting and nicely built so far. Hope you'll post more on the project as time and progress allows.
Kin d regards
Andrew

94th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 20:31
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
I believe the shape file might have been corrupted (or I uploaded the wrong one!) - kept getting "empty" pictures, so here's one that I know works (or did when I created it!)

95th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 20:59
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Hi Richard,

You need to upload also the SK81 file from the same folder.

The BGS file contains only the position and size of the picture shape(s).

The actual image is contained in the SK8n files (one file for each picture shape).

regards,

Martin.

96th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 21:28
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Oo-er,

Thanks Martin, I think I have just demonstrated how little I understand TEMPLOT, and probably why I kept getting "empty" pictures!

best wishes

Richard

97th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 21:59
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Hi Richard,

That was a rather large picture shape containing a lot of blank space, making it slow to load and zoom. Also the colour was a bit pale.

Here is a version with deeper colours. I used the new crop/combine function in Templot to make it smaller and faster. It should be exactly the same size as before on the trackpad.

Download both the SK81 and BGS files to the same folder, and then open the BGS file to launch Templot.

regards,

Martin. 

98th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 21:59
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

And the BGS.

99th message | this message only posted: 24 Mar 2017 22:50
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin Wynne wrote: Hi Richard,

That was a rather large picture shape containing a lot of blank space, making it slow to load and zoom. Also the colour was a bit pale.

Here is a version with deeper colours. I used the new crop/combine function in Templot to make it smaller and faster. It should be exactly the same size as before on the trackpad.

Download both the SK81 and BGS files to the same folder, and then open the BGS file to launch Templot.

regards,

Martin. 
Hi Martin,

Many thanks.....

best wishes

Richard

100th message | this message only posted: 21 Apr 2017 21:33
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Dreaming of playing trains........

This is topic ID = 1010     Page created at 12:33 (local time) Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
You can type a quick reply to this topic here.

Click in the box to begin.

But to reply to an individual message, or to include images, attachments and formatted text, use the reply buttons on each message above.

To start a new topic in this forum, click the Start new topic button below.
To start a new topic in a different forum, click the Forum Jump drop-down list below.

Start new topic 

click to jump to a different forum:     Back to top of page

Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > Singleton West Sussex
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Old Templot Companion Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines only

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2017