author remove search highlighting

posted: 19 Feb 2010 16:11

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello

I have the book: Liverpool & Manchester Part 2 that has a couple of what look like useful photographs of the trackwork into Manchester Central, and although the book is printed well, I can't make out all of the details. They are credited as BPC. Does anyone know who this is and perhaps where I can get in contact for better copies of the photographs.

Another book, Manchester Railway Termini has a photograph credited to British Rail - same story. Who now holds these and where I can get in contact?

TIA

Richard

posted: 19 Feb 2010 18:09

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

richard_t wrote:
I have the book: Liverpool & Manchester Part 2 that has a couple of what look like useful photographs of the trackwork into Manchester Central, and although the book is printed well, I can't make out all of the details. They are credited as BPC. Does anyone know who this is and perhaps where I can get in contact for better copies of the photographs.
Hi Richard,

David Catton asked the same question on E4um about 18 months ago.

The books were by by Bob Pixton, so the best we could come up with was "Bob Pixton Collection".

David is a member here, and may have discovered more, so it would be worth sending him an email or PM, here or via E4um.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 20 Feb 2010 12:40

David Catton

Chesterfield - United Kingdom

(sent by email to Yahoo and posted here by Martin)

Very regrettably I have to report that I had no success in contacting Mr Pixton. Perhaps I may mention, however, that I have received today my copy of "Merseyside Electrics" which is an excellent reference book for my area of interest.

ATB,

David C

posted: 22 Feb 2010 11:30

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

Thanks to both Martin and David.

Thats a shame, as the photographs in Liverpool & Manchester are more relevant than the BR ones from the Central book.

posted: 22 Feb 2010 12:13

David Catton

Chesterfield - United Kingdom

(sent by email to Yahoo and posted here by Martin)

Hi,

To expand slightly, I obtained Mr Pixton's address and wrote to him asking if I could obtain copies of some of the photos included in his books on the railways between Liverpool and Manchester - prints would be OK but preferably scans that I could use to examine the content in more detail than the reproductions in his books.  His short answer was, "Buy another copy of the books, cut out the pictures you want and scan them yourself".

My letter had made it clear that I wished to access the detail for purely personal (modelling) reasons but that apparently cut no ice.

Ah well . . .

DC

Templot Club > Forums > Prototype pics > British Railways and BPC Photographs
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020