author remove search highlighting

posted: 14 Mar 2010 12:00

Mark Leigh

Tonbridge - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Folks,

As a way to introduce myself to the Planning Portal Mapping facility used by Templot i have produced this Templot of Tonbridge Station/ West Yard.:thumb:

Although very much still a "work in progress" i'm stuck on the last piece of this Jig-saw:roll:
I've highlighted this in orange on the .box file (the files quite big)

Any ideas as to how to construct this piece of P&C?
What is its description?

Many Thanks

Mark
Attachment: attach_761_1078_tonbridge_station_10_03_14_1041_04.box 339

posted: 14 Mar 2010 12:01

Mark Leigh

Here's the Background File, once again quite big

Mark
Attachment: attach_762_1078_tonbridge_station_10_02_24_2045_19.bgs 311

posted: 14 Mar 2010 16:48

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Mark Leigh wrote:
Although very much still a "work in progress" I'm stuck on the last piece of this Jig-saw :roll: I've highlighted this in orange on the .box file (the files quite big)

Any ideas as to how to construct this piece of P&C? What is its description?
Hi Mark,

It's a curved single slip. It would be very unlikely on the transition curves you have there, so I replaced it with fixed 3000mm radius curves (750ft scale) and linked transitions. The angle is 1:7.5 (a common size for curved diamonds and slips -- the 1:8 limit for fixed K-crossings applies only to straight diamonds):

2_141144_570000000.png2_141144_570000000.png

If you add from file... this file to your own plan you will see it matches quite well. Over to you to add the upper slip road :) -- just follow the slip tutorial and ignore the curving.

edit: Slip road added. File is now attached to my next post below.

p.s. you omitted to upload the .bmp map image file. The .bgs file contains only the picture shape container for it. The .box file was so large because it contained so many unused templates -- more than 50% of them were unused. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 14 Mar 2010 21:58

Mark Leigh

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the helping hand:thumb:

I haven't loaded the .bmp file as that is also too large 60.4MB (10.4MB when zipped). Not sure if there's anything else i can try?
On the .bmp the problem area in question doesn't look like a slip but it seems to work.

I see what you mean about unwanted templates in the storage box so i've cleaned that up

Cheers

Mark

posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:05

tony polman

Basildon, Essex - United Kingdom

nice work. love to see you get round to build this as a working layout. mind you, even in `N` gauge would occupy 30ft?
Last edited on 14 Mar 2010 22:06 by tony polman
posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:10

Mark Leigh

Hi Tony,

My thoughts exactly.

Unfortunately my numbers on the lotto haven't come in yet.

Short of a millionaire donating a building about 90ft long by 40 wide to allow for storage cassettes and of course the final bit of the West Yard i can't see building it..........Shame:(

Thanks Anyway

Mark

posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:26

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Mark Leigh wrote:
I haven't loaded the .bmp file as that is also too large 60.4MB (10.4MB when zipped). Not sure if there's anything else i can try?

On the .bmp the problem area in question doesn't look like a slip but it seems to work.
Hi Mark,

It's most likely an inside slip. It could be a half-scissors or an outside slip. Do you have any photos of the area?

I've added the slip road for you -- file attached.

Try saving the .bmp as a 256-colour (8-bit) indexed PNG file. It will be very much smaller. It's not usable in Templot in that format, but we can easily save it again as a .bmp after downloading.

regards,

Martin.
Attachment: attach_765_1078_tonbridge__curved_slip_3000_7p5.box 279

posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:57

Mark Leigh

Hi Martin,

As requested a .png file

Mark
Attachment: attach_766_1078_tonbridge_station_1.PNG 298

Templot Club > Forums > Share and show > Help need with final part of stage 1
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020