author remove search highlighting

posted: 5 Jul 2007 14:12

SimonH

Launceston Tasmania - Australia

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Evening All

A quick but silly question. How do I delete files. My file box is filling with new sections of track but I can't for the life of me see how to delete unwanted files. We havn't had much sun here in Tassy latley which is probably contributing to the problem. 

Cheers

Simon H

posted: 5 Jul 2007 15:53

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

SimonH wrote:
A quick but silly question. How do I delete files? My file box is filling with new sections of track but I can't for the life of me see how to delete unwanted files. We haven't had much sun here in Tassy lately which is probably contributing to the problem.
Hi Simon,

We haven't had much sun here either!

I'm not too sure from your question whether you are trying to delete track templates from your Templot .box file, or Templot files from your computer.

To delete a track template:

1. Click on it.

2. A menu will appear on the left containing options available for that template. Click the delete menu item on there.

Alternatively you can go to the template storage box -- click the control > storage box... menu item. Then find the template which you want to delete using the slider gadget or the left-right buttons. Then press the Delete key on the keyboard, or click the edit > delete template menu item on the storage box menus.

If you delete one by mistake you can go to the storage box and click the edit > undo delete menu item or press Ctrl+U keys on the keyboard while the storage box is showing.

(You can undo only the last template deleted. If you are going to make a lot of changes it would be a good idea to save a box file first as a backup. You can always delete that file later if it's not needed.)

To delete a file from your computer -- Windows has several ways to do this, refer to a Windows user guide. The Templot box files are usually in the C:\TEMPLOT\BOX-FILES folder.

You can delete a box file while you are using Templot by doing this:

1. Click the control > save all templates... menu item.

2. Find the file in the list which you want to delete, and click it with the right mouse button. On the menu which appears, click the Delete menu item.

3. Then click the Cancel button instead of saving a new file.

If you delete a file by mistake you can find it in your Windows Recycle Bin, and restore it.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 5 Jul 2007 16:49

SimonH

Launceston Tasmania - Australia

Hi Martin

Between asking the question and getting your answer, my wife and I went for a counter meal with some friends. A rather nice bottle of plonk and the answer is suddenly crystal clear. Many thanks.

Cheers

Simon H
Martin Wynne wrote:
SimonH wrote:
A quick but silly question. How do I delete files? My file box is filling with new sections of track but I can't for the life of me see how to delete unwanted files. We haven't had much sun here in Tassy lately which is probably contributing to the problem.
Hi Simon,

We haven't had much sun here either!

I'm not too sure from your question whether you are trying to delete track templates from your Templot .box file, or Templot files from your computer.

To delete a track template:

1. Click on it.

2. A menu will appear on the left containing options available for that template. Click the delete menu item on there.

Alternatively you can go to the template storage box -- click the control > storage box... menu item. Then find the template which you want to delete using the slider gadget or the left-right buttons. Then press the Delete key on the keyboard, or click the edit > delete template menu item on the storage box menus.

If you delete one by mistake you can go to the storage box and click the edit > undo delete menu item or press Ctrl+U keys on the keyboard while the storage box is showing.

(You can undo only the last template deleted. If you are going to make a lot of changes it would be a good idea to save a box file first as a backup. You can always delete that file later if it's not needed.)

To delete a file from your computer -- Windows has several ways to do this, refer to a Windows user guide. The Templot box files are usually in the C:TEMPLOTBOX-FILES folder.

You can delete a box file while you are using Templot by doing this:

1. Click the control > save all templates... menu item.

2. Find the file in the list which you want to delete, and click it with the right mouse button. On the menu which appears, click the Delete menu item.

3. Then click the Cancel button instead of saving a new file.

If you delete a file by mistake you can find it in your Windows Recycle Bin, and restore it.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 6 Jul 2007 14:12

Peter Salathiel

Bangkok - Thailand

Hi Martin,

Is there any way to delete a group of templates in one fell swoop or must they all be done individually?

Regards

Peter

posted: 6 Jul 2007 15:29

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Peter Salathiel wrote:
Is there any way to delete a group of templates in one fell swoop or must they all be done individually?
Hi Peter,

On the storage box menus (not the pad menus):

group > delete group menu item.

group > delete all except group menu item.

The group can first be selected on the pad in the usual ways, or on the storage box by clicking the group select > select (toggle) button for each template. A group template is marked in the storage box with a solid square symbol.

Using the storage box, a group can include unused templates (marked with a blue square symbol) in addition to background templates (marked with a red square symbol).

But library templates cannot be grouped, and must be deleted individually, or all at once (box > delete library templates menu item).

For more detailed help in using the storage box, click storage box notes. (The notes and screenshots are for version 074b, but everything works much the same way in 082d.)

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Deleting files
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020