topic: 124010 years old
author remove search highlighting

posted: 9 Sep 2010 21:42

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Without anyone noticing, we had a 10th birthday last week. :)

The Templot email group, forerunner of Templot Club, was founded on 1st September 2000. The group still contains a full archive of all 15,936 messages posted between then and now:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/templot/messages/

In that time we have also gained 870 members. :)

So thanks to everyone for making Templot Club what it is. We are not the biggest or most active model railway forum on the web, but we are one of the longest established. And as far as I can remember, in all that time not a single cross word. :)

Thanks again to all,

Martin.

posted: 9 Sep 2010 21:55

John Lewis

Croydon - United Kingdom

Martin wrote:

So thanks to everyone for making Templot Club what it is. We are not the biggest or most active model railway forum on the web, but we are one of the longest established. And as far as I can remember, in all that time not a single cross word.

Martin

And our thanks to you for all your work.

Mind you, I thought I had read quite a lot of cross words -

crossings
crossovers

There's many a slip here!! :-))

Best wishes

John

posted: 10 Sep 2010 12:55

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Blimey - and I seem to have been here for most of that time - where's it all gone? It is refreshing to be a member of a group that doesn't get all hot and bothered. Well, most of the time, anyway :D

posted: 10 Sep 2010 13:14

donald peters

United Kingdom

I wish to sincerely endorse the remarks of John and congratulate you, Martin, on the prodigious work you have and continue tirelessly to put in to everybody's knowledge of prototype trackwork and Templot's way of realising it in our modelling. Quality in purpose has never been an inevitable attribute of size so being big or small is completely irrelevent. Templot works and it works well although I wish we could all find a way to get over this frustrating problem of always relying on your hand to lead us out of our blunderings time after time, which prolongs the realisation of solutions to outstanding track assembly design software and wastes time,increasing insecurity and uncertainty all round. That is obviously our problem.
Congratulations again, Martin.

A well wisher,

Donald

posted: 10 Sep 2010 13:30

allanferguson

Fife - United Kingdom

Can  I  endorse  the  congratulations  to  Martin  and  to  all  the other  contributors  from  whom  I've  learnt  an  enormous  amount  during  the  past  seven  years  as  a  member  here  (yes,  it  shook  me  when  I  worked  it  out!).  Not  just  about  Templot,  but  about  real  trackwork,  operation,  computers......  etc,  etc.  Many  thanks  to  all.

Allan  F

posted: 11 Sep 2010 05:17

kenbec

Australia

Hello Martin and congratulations,

This, without a doubt, is my favourite forum ever.
There have, to my knowledge, not been any of the acrimonious "set tos" which seem to infest most of the other technical forums I have come across.
Every one here seems to be able to respect the other's point of view without necessarily agreeing with it. I have learned a lot from the discussions that have appeared.

That said.

I think Martin has a lot to be proud of with his development of Templot and his willingness to step in and help at the drop of a hat is certainly beyond any of my previous experience of any programme or system I have used. His knowledge of Templot, with all of its complexities, is uncanny.

Not only Martin is to be complimented, I have found that the membership is always willing to step in and advise or help a bewildered beginner.

In total a very pleasant and informative CLUB which I feel comfortable with and is a source of great enjoyment to me.

Best wishes to Martin and all the members.

Ken

posted: 12 Sep 2010 09:29

roythebus

Aldington Frith, Ashford, Kent - United Kingdom

Straight to the point and without going round in circles...

congratulations.

posted: 22 Sep 2010 14:59

Ian Allen

Milton Keynes - United Kingdom

Wow, 10 years ! What have I been doing all those intervening years ? My first post was Jan 2002 (lancs63), Creed St never got built although the plans and printouts still exist, I've moved house twice, not built a model railway for myself, left the modelling scene altogether, recently returned to it, and am now going to plan a re-design of a current O gauge garden railway.

Anyway, to echo others' sentiments, thank you Martin for all the hard work you put in to keep this product at the forefront of design, to enable we modellers to produce even more realistic trackwork. Here's to the next 10 years.

Regards

Ian

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > 10 years old
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020