author remove search highlighting

posted: 21 Dec 2010 10:09

BruceNordstrand

Riverstone, NSW - Australia

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Howdy

I "printed" my latest plan to PDF (via deskPDF) using A0 size paper and took it off to a printing house today. I have just looked at the resulting sheets and find that parts of the print are cut off. Now I assume that Templot & deskPDF would have printed to the PDF file the a plan that *should* have successfully printed exactly the same on paper but just wanted to check before I go yell at the printing house, $31.00 for 7 A0 sheets will get expensive if I have to keep trying....

Can anyone confirm that what is "printed" to a PDF should be what actually prints on paper?

Cheers
Bruce

posted: 21 Dec 2010 10:37

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

BruceNordstrand wrote:
I "printed" my latest plan to PDF (via deskPDF) using A0 size paper and took it off to a printing house today. I have just looked at the resulting sheets and find that parts of the print are cut off.
Hi Bruce,

Most PDF generators use the full paper size as set, and do not allow for any printer margins. They expect the PDF Reader/Printer program to fit the page to the printer's printable area.

If you do that, the templates won't be the correct size.

Instead, select or create a smaller custom paper size in deskPDF which will fit within the printer's printable area. You should be able to measure the printable area on the prints you have. Then make sure to select page scaling = none when printing.

Alternatively, you can make adjustments in Templot to use less than the full deskPDF page -- see the print > trim margins > set custom trim margins... menu item and also read the notes at print > trim margins > ? trim margins help menu item.

Whatever you do with PDFs, make sure you check view them in Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader before sending them for expensive printing.

In the next Pug version of Templot you will be able to create PDF files directly, and precisely set the page size to anything you wish.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 21 Dec 2010 10:45

BruceNordstrand

Well thats a bugger, I suspected as much, now I can't yell at them :)

Thanks for the info Martin, will do some measuring and adjust the trim margins manually. Just trying to get them all on paper before Christmas.

Any ideas on the release of the latest pug, within 24 hours maybe :)

Cheers
Bruce

posted: 21 Dec 2010 13:09

BruceNordstrand

Martin

Just on printing....

I found in the print orientation/origin menu options for "multiple print runs" - no idea what this does and can't find any help on it. Can you explain what this does and what it is used for please?

Cheers
Bruce

posted: 21 Dec 2010 13:55

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

BruceNordstrand wrote:
I found in the print orientation/origin menu options for "multiple print runs" - no idea what this does and can't find any help on it. Can you explain what this does and what it is used for please?
Hi Bruce,

The maximum number of pages which Templot can print in a single run is 33 pages long by 26 pages wide (858 pages). How much layout area this represents depends of course on the paper size of each page.

If your layout is larger than this, after printing all those pages you can click the next run options which will move the page origin (i.e. the corner of page a/1) to the end of the previous run, and you can start printing again from there.

If you are printing to A0 size, I imagine your layout is less than 858 pages? :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 21 Dec 2010 23:03

BruceNordstrand

Once again, thank you Sir! Very interesting feature.

And no, definitely not more than 858 A0 pages, I couldn't afford to print it if it was :)

Cheers
Bruce

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Printing from PDF....
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020