author remove search highlighting

posted: 7 Jul 2011 14:23

Phil Chudley

Portsmouth - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi All

I have been using Templot successfully for a few years now, and it has worked perfectly on all my machines and versions of Windows, including Windows 7

However, today, Templot refuses to load under Windows 7, after the initial "splash screen" Templot will be starting soon...

There is a Windows dialog behind with the message "Pug release has stopped working" with the options of "Debug" or "Close Program"

Before "Close Program" the option reads "Cancel", clicking this makes Templot enter a screaming tight loop, with myriads of dialogs all reading "Access violation 005B8001 Reading memory 000002D8"

Uninstalling/reinstalling has had no effect.

It sounds like a problem on my laptop, can anyone confirm this is probably the cause, before I call the work tech guys in to give my laptop a health check?

Also, and this may have bee posted before so apologies, Login to the Templot Forum does not appear to work on Firefox Browsers, the password is accepted, but the site still assumes I am not logged in. Again this may be some Firefox configuration issue, my end, since Templot forum is not the only web site I have found this. Works OK in IE8

Cheers

Phil

posted: 7 Jul 2011 14:36

Bruce Wilson

Barrie - Ontario Canada

I have had no issues with Firefox and the forum. Using FF 3.6.18 Have not tried it with FF 4

posted: 7 Jul 2011 15:03

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Phil Chudley wrote:
I have been using Templot successfully for a few years now, and it has worked perfectly on all my machines and versions of Windows, including Windows 7

However, today, Templot refuses to load under Windows 7, after the initial "splash screen" Templot will be starting soon...
Hi Phil,

Have you uninstalled or changed anything relating to printers?

Templot version 091c won't run if it can't find a local printer on the system. This was caused by a bug in the compiler (which took me half a lifetime to find).

This problem doesn't apply to version 074b (earlier version of compiler) or TDV (bug worked around), so the first thing to try is using 074b, or join the purple group and try TDV.

If still no joy, it does look like a broken laptop, if it has been working fine previously.

Firefox (all versions) is working fine on this site for me, and for other members. Check that you are not preventing Firefox from accepting cookies from 85a.co.uk -- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Exceptions.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 7 Jul 2011 15:13

Phil Chudley

Portsmouth - United Kingdom

Thanks Bruce and Martin,

The Printer dodge worked! Templot is up and running again, we have two printer connections (they are the same printer actually, one connection B/W printing one for Colour printing), setting the B/W as the default works perfectly, but using the Colour as default and ... crash!! ...

So thanks again

Will investigate the Firefox issue further I have version 5.0 and all cookie settings appear to be OK with no Exceptions entered

Cheers

Phil

posted: 7 Jul 2011 15:28

John Shelley

St Ciers Sur Gironde 33820 - France

Phil Chudley wrote:
Thanks Bruce and Martin,

The Printer dodge worked! Templot is up and running again, we have two printer connections (they are the same printer actually, one connection B/W printing one for Colour printing), setting the B/W as the default works perfectly, but using the Colour as default and ... crash!! ...

So thanks again

Will investigate the Firefox issue further I have version 5.0 and all cookie settings appear to be OK with no Exceptions entered

Cheers

Phil

I've just logged in with Firefox 5.0

Cheers for now

John from 33820 St Ciers sur Gironde

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Templot fails to load on Windows 7
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020