topic: 1629Templot Fault
author remove search highlighting

posted: 14 Sep 2011 13:57

Len Cattley

Bracknell - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin I think I have found a fault with Templot. When moving timbers with the shove timbers ie Shift + F10 I pressed the lengthen timbers button, pressed the mouse button twice and Templot froze. I got a message saying List index out of bounds (-1) and my track has disappeared even if I click the ok button it still stays open. The only way to close it is to close Templot. I wish I could display a picture of it so you could see what I mean.
Regards

Len

posted: 14 Sep 2011 14:25

Len Cattley

Bracknell - United Kingdom

Hi Martin, Templot seems to work now, haven't a clue what happened there.
Regards

Len

posted: 14 Sep 2011 14:30

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Len Cattley wrote:
Hi Martin I think I have found a fault with Templot. When moving timbers with the shove timbers ie Shift + F10 I pressed the lengthen timbers button, pressed the mouse button twice and Templot froze. I got a message saying List index out of bounds (-1) and my track has disappeared even if I click the ok button it still stays open. The only way to close it is to close Templot. I wish I could display a picture of it so you could see what I mean.
Hi Len,

Thanks for the report.

"List index out of bounds (-1)" while shoving timbers is a long-standing bug which I have been trying to nail for 10 years. :( There are a few topics here which refer to it. Fortunately it occurs very rarely.

Do you think you can remember exactly what you were doing at the time and the sequence of clicks you made? Because simply following your description I have been unable to reproduce it. How many timbers had previously been shoved? Had you added or removed any bonus timbers? Had you omitted or restored any timbers? Did you start from a mint turnout or by copying one from the background?

By the way, is this in TDV or 091c?

Over the years I have spent hours examining every line of the code trying to find this. If I could just find a way to reproduce it at will, it would be easy to fix.

So just for fun -- a £10 Amazon voucher for the first person who can post a recipe to make this bug happen every time. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 14 Sep 2011 16:10

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

I wrote:
So just for fun -- a £10 Amazon voucher for the first person who can post a recipe to make this bug happen every time. :)
Hi Len,

You have won £10. :)

Sod's law applied -- as I knew it would.

Within 10 minutes of offering a reward for the capture of this bug, I had found it myself. After searching for it for 10 years.

It was your report which sent me looking in the right direction, so you win the £10. Many thanks, I will email you shortly. :thumb:

It will be fixed in the next TDV update. As I knew all along it would be, once found it is so blindingly obvious that I can't understand how I could have possibly missed it. :?

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Templot Fault
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020