Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 1695Extra Multiple B4 Timbers showing.
author remove search highlighting

posted: 24 Nov 2011 17:28

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

Sorry to be a pain in the proverbial, but thought I should report this.

First let me say, I have noticed this event several times over the last few days, it seems since the last TDV  4505 update.
In these instances I just simply kept omitting the timber until all copies of it had gone.

In this last instance, just a few minutes ago, I had aligned a turnout template and then did a make branch track, and when the track appeared it had these extra B4 timbers at the peg end (previous events always had the extra B4 timbers at the peg end). (see image file below, this can be seen at full size on the image gallery).

Now I say extra timbers because, there are 3 or 4 of these B4 timbers sitting on top of each other, all exhibiting the same timber number, and it takes three or four  timber omit ions to eliminate them.

I don’t think I have done anything wrong, as everything else appears to be working fine.

It’s not a big deal in clearing these extra timbers, but thought it worth a mention just in case.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

1853_241226_210000000.png1853_241226_210000000.png

posted: 24 Nov 2011 18:33

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Brian,

They are bonus timbers.

Click the real > timbering > bonus timbers > remove all menu item.

On the previous template(s) you have at some stage added bonus timbers, and then omitted them in the shove timbers settings, instead of removing them from the template.

When you do tools > make a new template, any timber shoving is restored. So omitted timber are no longer omitted and become visible again -- unless you select the tools > make tools: options > retain shoved timbers menu option.

None of this is new in TDV -- it's been standard Templot working for years. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 24 Nov 2011 19:03

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for the prompt response. :thumb:

I realised, that they were bonus timbers, but just could not understand how they got there, since it seems to be happening every time I add a track to a turnout, and have just noticed it on a half diamond I was timbering.

It also confused me as to why the timbers should all be numbered B4 and stacked on top of each other !! :?

I suspect it may have crept in whilst doing one of the custom switches, will have to watch that in future, will re-visit all custom switches and sort them out.

Your suggestion of using Click the real > timbering > bonus timbers > remove all menu item, certainly clears them out quicker.

Again I shall have to go round all the custom switches and check them before I use anymore.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 24 Nov 2011 20:56

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Just to let you know, have found the culprits, it was some of the custom switches I have used, so have cleaned both them and the masters out of the bonus timbers, they should now be OK.

There is still a mystery however, the timber number showing at the top of the stack up was supposed to be the next timber number to use if you called in another bonus timber, and the stack height seemed to be the same as the number of bonus timbers used plus the next one in line.

I cleaned out all my non-interleaved templates, but for the moment will have to possibly sort out the interleaved versions later, they contain a lot of additional bonus timbers.

However, I have taken a quick looked at all the interleaved versions, and some of those have the next highest timber number showing at the peg end, in one case I looked at, it was B20, where I had used up to B19 for the template.
Another strange thing about this higher number example B20, there was no timber showing just the number box, and I could not highlight (yellow the number box or RED the imaginary timber) when I did timber shoving.

Hope this does not cause any problem for you.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 24 Nov 2011 21:09

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Brian,

You can add as many bonus timbers to a template as you wish. Each one will appear initially as a plain track sleeper at the CTRL-1 rail joint position. It can then be shoved to the desired size and position in the usual way.

To remove added bonus timbers, click the real > timbering > bonus timbers > menu items.

Before removing it you should normally restore a bonus timber if it has been shoved. Otherwise the next bonus timber which is added will take up the former shoved position.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 24 Nov 2011 21:21

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Many thanks again for the explanation, will watch my step on bonus timber removal in future.

Sincerest apologies for taking up your time on this matter.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

Templot Club > Forums > Development doings - archive > Extra Multiple B4 Timbers showing.
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020