Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 1702HP DJ1280 printing problems with custom size pages solved, hopefully!
author remove search highlighting

posted: 27 Nov 2011 23:41

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
 For anyone suffering similar problems to those described under my earlier entry, see "Problems printing with custom size paper" and having determined the fault was not with templot, I am now confident enough to offer this solution. The following applies to windows XP, the only experience I have with windows 7 is that there are problems obtaining a driver to use with this printer. Download the printer driver attached below. Although it is labelled dj1075, it is intended for the HP DJ1220C printer which is compatible with the DJ1280. You will need to copy the file to the directory / folder from which it is to run, I created a "printer files" folder in the program files folder and copied it into that. When you run the dj1075en.exe file, it will create a DJ1220C folder containing all the printer driver files.
You will next need to run the add printer wizard and choose the HP 1220 printer from the list that comes up but do not choose the built in printer driver as this does not have the custom paper size facility built into it. Select the have disc option and browse to find the DJ1220C folder on the C drive created earlier and the .ini file. It took me several attempts to get this right.
Once the printer driver has installed, you will then need to define your custom size paper (you are only allowed one with this driver). You may also need to set this size in the forms window under "Start>Settings>Printers and faxes>File>Server Properties" tick the "Create a new form" box and define your custom size paper here too. You should then be able to print out your track plan without the dreaded error message appearing.  The next problem occurs when trying to print background picture shapes. Unlike the 1280 driver the stretch option does not seem to work and the only option is to resort to using the dots option which works every time. This printer driver does have one major advantage over the 1280 driver in that before it starts printing, you have the option of a print preview so you can see what you are about to print and cancel if it is not what you want rather waste paper and in my case the 15 minutes it takes to print out.
It has taken me several attempts to get everything sorted out and working, but the above is a summary of what I have learned and will hopefully be of use to anyone who has suffered similar problems printing on A3 and larger sheets of paper with their 1280 printer.
Good luck Tony.
Attachment: attach_1251_1702_dj1075en.exe 357

posted: 28 Nov 2011 03:20

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Tony,

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post such a detailed reply. I'm sure other users of this printer will be delighted that you have found this solution for them. :thumb:

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > HP DJ1280 printing problems with custom size pages solved, hopefully!
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020