Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 1806Unwanted template in DXF output File.
author remove search highlighting

posted: 25 Jan 2012 14:41

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I have a query about DXF ouput.

Yesterday I wanted to output a DXF image of a diamond crossing, so selected the diamond and made the two halves a grouped item.
I then did the output, making sure I had selected group templates only.

When I viewed the resulting output file, I found I had also another switch template, which had been out of view on the workpad at the time of the output, as well as the required diamond.

Now the switch template had not been included in the group with the diamond, so why did it get included in the output file ?

Today I tried the same experiment, with the same items and got the same result, an unwanted template that had not been grouped.
See images below:
The first image shows the Templot workpad at time of outputting file.
The second image shows the resulting DXF file when viewd with a suitable program.
Can you please explain what may be going wrong ?

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

Templot Screenshot

1853_250936_210000000.gif1853_250936_210000000.gif

DXF Viewer Screenshot

1853_250937_110000000.gif1853_250937_110000000.gif

posted: 25 Jan 2012 17:34

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reporting it.

Could you please post the .box file, as I have been unable to create the problem here. Thanks.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 25 Jan 2012 17:44

Martin Wynne

p.s. Brian, a thought:

You did click selected group only on the DXF dialog, and not on the file export dialog?

2_251242_140000000.png2_251242_140000000.png

There is a note about that by the DXF button on the file export dialog, but I can see scope for confusion. I will do something about it.

Martin.

posted: 25 Jan 2012 18:31

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Martin Wynne wrote:
p.s. Brian, a thought:

You did click selected group only on the DXF dialog, and not on the file export dialog?

There is a note about that by the DXF button on the file export dialog, but I can see scope for confusion. I will do something about it.

Hi Martin,

I must apologise for that, you were absolutely right, I did omit to click selected group only on the DXF dialog, and only clicked that on the file export dialog.

As you say, some confusion, I thinking it only required the selection once, but blame myself for not looking more carefully at the selections in the DXF box.

Sorry again for troubling you.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 26 Jan 2012 01:27

Martin Wynne

I wrote:
I can see scope for confusion. I will do something about it.
Hi Brian,

Fixed in the next TDV update. The settings on the export dialog now get transferred to the DXF dialog.

Thanks again for reporting it. :thumb:

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Development doings - archive > Unwanted template in DXF output File.
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020