topic: 1809Exactoscale order processing
author remove search highlighting

posted: 27 Jan 2012 11:14

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Has anyone ordered recently from Exactoscale?
I sent an order at the beginning of the week and they might be processing it, but I have not had any acknowledgement either to the email, or to a follow up phone call.  In both I asked them to contact me to confirm receipt, but no response.
It is a bit worrying as the order had all my card details on it.
Is this how Exacto normally deal with orders?
I know there were problems last year due to illness, but I thought they were now back to normal.
Thanks
Arthur

posted: 27 Jan 2012 11:26

John Shelley

St Ciers Sur Gironde 33820 - France

LSWRArt wrote:
I sent an order at the beginning of the week and they might be processing it, but I have not had any acknowledgement either to the email, or to a follow up phone call.  In both I asked them to contact me to confirm receipt, but no response.
I know there were problems last year due to illness, but I thought they were now back to normal.
Thanks
Arthur
On another group there was a similar enquiry, but in that case for an order placed on 12 Dec.

Cheers for now
John from 33820 St Ciers sur Gironde, France

posted: 27 Jan 2012 13:31

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Hi Arthur

I had to wait around a month for my last order not so long ago - and although they ask for and I provided an email address, I had no acknowledgement either.  I don't mind waiting, but I would like to know that they have at least received the order!  Otherwise, patience is a virtue, apparently!

I like Dave Cleal's (Mainly Trains) approach, which was something along the lines of "You only have to deal with an order once, so you might as well deal with it straight away".  A lot of companies, and tax offices, could learn from that :)

Cheers

posted: 27 Jan 2012 14:11

GeoffS

Mirfield, W. Yorkshire - United Kingdom

LSWRArt wrote:
Thanks
Arthur
I had an order, placed by phone call at the beginning of last week, delivered at the end of the week.

Geoff

posted: 28 Jan 2012 08:46

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Hi,

For 4mm scale Exactoscale track parts you could try Wizard Models
For 7mm scale Exactoscale track parts - The Model Kit Shop

I've not tried The Model Kit Shop yet but I always order my 4mm parts from Wizard.

Both have online ordering.

Stephen
Last edited on 28 Jan 2012 08:50 by Stephen Freeman
posted: 28 Jan 2012 11:45

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

GeoffS wrote:
LSWRArt wrote:
I sent an order at the beginning of the week and they might be processing it, but I have not had any acknowledgement either to the email, or to a follow up phone call.  In both I asked them to contact me to confirm receipt, but no response.....
Arthur
I had an order, placed by phone call at the beginning of last week, delivered at the end of the week.
Geoff
Hi Geoff
Did you use 01245  263779 to contact Exactoscale.  I tried to ring mid week and only got the Answerphone, but if that number works I will keep trying to contact them on that number.  if that does not work, I will buy from The Model Kit Shop, which has all the parts I need.

I agree with Paul about responses from suppliers.  It does not take a second to click on REPLY and say "Order received.  Despatch next week / 6 months when we get new stock" or whatever.  At least you know the email has been received safely and can plan around the delivery time.

I have recently ordered from C&L, Borg rail and Shapeways and all three of these companies have been great in responding and keeping me updated on deliveries.  Thanks to the good guys  :-)

Arthur 

posted: 28 Jan 2012 12:13

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Hi Arthur.
Yes that is the correct number for Exactoscale. I spoke to Len on it myself on Tuesday. It is a bit pot luck catching him as he is pretty much a one man band and often very busy. Early afternoon seems to be the best time to phone. Rest assured they are genuine and you will get the goods. The quality of their products is excellent. I agree their customer service could be better, but I supose you can't have everything.
Tony.

posted: 28 Jan 2012 12:38

davelong

I almost solely order Exactoscale items from Wizard models, they have a fast turn around time too and photos of most of the items on their website.

Dave

posted: 28 Jan 2012 12:44

Dellboy

Aylesford - United Kingdom

LSWRArt wrote:
Thanks
Arthur

Arthur
You are not alone! I am still waiting for an order I sent on 4th January. I have heard nothing and from my experience this is not unusual but I am confident the goods will arrive eventually. Just a little bit annoying but if you can't wait, as mentioned above, Wizard Models can supply some of the range and their response is a lot quicker.
I have never had any success trying to ring Exactoscale direct, their message box always seems to be full.
Dellboy
Last edited on 28 Jan 2012 12:46 by Dellboy
posted: 30 Jan 2012 14:42

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

Subject: Exactoscale order processing
I managed to speak to Len this afternoon and he said that he had "a lot to catch up on, but he hoped to despatch the goods in about a week". So that is the latest info if anyone else is waiting for deliveries.
Regards
Arthur

posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:09

Mike Megginson

York - United Kingdom

I ordered a 1 : 8 single slip kit from Exactoscale towards the end of November, sending the order to the Essex address. After three weeks I had heard nothing, so rang Exactoscale's phone number, to be told that it would be despatched within the week.

Since that time I have phoned a further four times, each time being told that 'It should be despatched next Monday'. So after five almost consecutive despatches, on Monday, I have still not received this order.

Some may find their treatment mildly amusing; I find this appalling. The proprieter of Exactoscale should be thoroughly ashamed of a lousy order acknowledgement system (non existent), lousy phone handling system and totally fabricated replies to progressing queries.

Cheers

Mike

posted: 30 Jan 2012 20:25

LSWRArt

Antibes - France

Aaaah!

As they are the only manufacturer of 0 gauge bridge chairs, they have the monopoly, but I do not want to wait months for parts to arrive.

Me thinks I will have to order from one of the shops that stocks his track parts and try to cancel the direct order.

Thanks for your helpful comments
Arthur

posted: 31 Jan 2012 11:44

sevenmil496

Hi  Arthur,
                I too am awaiting an order,however i am afraid not much appears to have changed since the Protofour days regarding orders going way back. I suspect if you are a scalefour member it maybe a little easier...  Patience is required.

Last edited on 31 Jan 2012 11:46 by sevenmil496
posted: 31 Jan 2012 13:06

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

sevenmil496 wrote:
not much appears to have changed since the Protofour days regarding orders going way back.

Let's stick to the present century and not resurrect 40-year-old upsets from the last one.

The present owners of Exactoscale have no connection with any of that.

Martin.

posted: 31 Jan 2012 15:48

Bob Ellis

Slightly off topic, but still referring to Exactoscale, I seem to recall that P4 Track Company turnout kits are based on Midland Railway prototypes. Can anyone confirm this, or am I having another one of my increasingly frequent senior moments? :roll:

posted: 31 Jan 2012 15:59

Martin Wynne

Bob Ellis wrote:
Slightly off topic, but still referring to Exactoscale, I seem to recall that P4 Track Company turnout kits are based on Midland Railway prototypes. Can anyone confirm this, or am I having another one of my increasingly frequent senior moments? :roll:
Hi Bob,

They are based on the LNER 1926 (REA) drawings. A reprint of the drawings is available from NERA.

However, the wing rail front on some of the kits is 2ft-6in longer than the drawing, moving the rail joint one timber space further from the crossing than it should be. Exactoscale say this was done for manufacturing reasons. Unfortunately this is also shown on the templates sold by the Scalefour Society, with no explanation that they are in fact wrong in this regard, if intended to represent REA turnouts.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Feb 2012 09:33

Mike Megginson

York - United Kingdom

Well good news. I spoke to the proprietor of Exactoscale, on Monday, and was told that my order for a 1 : 8 single slip kit had been despatched last Friday.

Of course, it can still be lost in the post, though my own experience is that does not happen, or it could have been despatched to an incorrect address, even though I was very careful to include my address with my order.

So anyone in the same position as me i.e. waiting for 1 : 8 single slip kits can now rest easy, for I imagine that all of the outstanding orders, for this product, will have now been despatched.

Just to ensure that all folk waiting for Exactoscale to despatch their orders have some reassurance, I shall post this on other websites; websites which have some tens of thousands of subscribers.

If, of course, this order was not actually despatched last Friday (you really wouldn't want to contemplate what I might then do!).......

Cheers

Mike

posted: 1 Feb 2012 17:00

Bob Ellis

Martin Wynne wrote:
Bob Ellis wrote:
Hi Bob,

They are based on the LNER 1926 (REA) drawings. A reprint of the drawings is available from NERA.

However, the wing rail front on some of the kits is 2ft-6in longer than the drawing, moving the rail joint one timber space further from the crossing than it should be. Exactoscale say this was done for manufacturing reasons. Unfortunately this is also shown on the templates sold by the Scalefour Society, with no explanation that they are in fact wrong in this regard, if intended to represent REA turnouts.

regards,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for the very informative (if somewhat disappointing) reply. It is likely that I shall have to build some Midland track for a model of Hawes station in P4. I had hoped to save time by using P4 Track Company turnout kits, but your response makes it clear that short cuts will not work. I will have to draw out the track plan on Templot and buy P4 Track Company components (fortunately they make MR chairs) to build the track. This will take much longer, but will be fun to do and probably  be more satisfying in the long (probably very long) run.

posted: 2 Feb 2012 16:19

Alan Turner

Dudley - United Kingdom

Was the track Midland or was it NER?

Alan

posted: 2 Feb 2012 21:30

Bob Ellis

As far as I know, the track was Midland.

The station was built and the track was laid as part of Contract No.5 of the Settle and Carlisle line, which was the Midland Railway branch from Hawes Junction (later renamed Garsdale) to Hawes.

Hawes station was owned jointly by the Midland and North Eastern Railways and was financed by both companies on a 50:50 basis. While it could not act without the N.E.R.'s approval, the Midland managed the construction and maintenance of Hawes station. It let the contract for laying the track from Hawes Junction to Hawes (including the station and goods yard) to Benton & Woodiwiss, who also built Contract No. 2 of the Settle and Carlisle line from Dent Head viaduct to Smardale viaduct. The M.R. awarded the contract for constructing the station buildings at Hawes to James Jones and George Nelson Clarke of Leyburn.

Bob

posted: 3 Feb 2012 08:45

Mike Megginson

York - United Kingdom

John Shelley wrote:
LSWRArt wrote:
Thanks
Arthur
On another group there was a similar enquiry, but in that case for an order placed on 12 Dec.

Cheers for now

Can you please indicate, where 'another group' may be located? I feel guilty about protracting this particular debate, on here, given that this is a site devoted to Templot and things relating to Templot.

Cheers

Mike

posted: 3 Feb 2012 09:19

John Shelley

St Ciers Sur Gironde 33820 - France

Mike Megginson wrote:

John Shelley wrote:

Cheers for now

Can you please indicate, where 'another group' may be located? I feel guilty about protracting this particular debate, on here, given that this is a site devoted to Templot and things relating to Templot.

Cheers

Mike
It was on e4um, a group originally for members of Scalefour Society only, but has been expanded to include members of EMGS as well.  There hasn't been any follow on.
Cheers for now

John from 33820 St Ciers sur Gironde, France.

posted: 3 Feb 2012 10:00

Martin Wynne

John Shelley wrote:
It was on e4um, a group originally for members of Scalefour Society only, but has been expanded to include members of EMGS as well.
Hi John,

E4um is open to all, and has been for several years now. Anyone can join:

http://www.mousa.biz/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/s/e4um

It's an old-style mailing list. The archives can be viewed online after joining:

http://www.mousa.biz/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/archive/e4um

regards,

Martin.

posted: 3 Feb 2012 21:17

Rob Manchester

Manchester - United Kingdom

Mike,

.....but please continue to report progress ( or not ) with Exactoscale on here too for those of us who don't get the time to read all the Forums.

Thanks
Rob

posted: 4 Feb 2012 14:13

Paulr1949

United Kingdom

As an aside, I noticed in the latest Gauge O Guild Gazette that "Perfect Miniatures" in Sudbury advertise Exactoscale parts.

Paul

posted: 6 Feb 2012 13:53

Mike Megginson

York - United Kingdom

Rob Manchester wrote:
Mike,

.....but please continue to report progress ( or not ) with Exactoscale on here too for those of us who don't get the time to read all the Forums.

Thanks
Rob

As a final comment, perhaps I might rally to the defence of Exactoscale, perverse as that may sound. This company is very largely a one man band and both the product development and order fulfillment are done by the same person. I gather that there have been some problems with some of the suppliers to Exactoscale as regards accuracy of products supplied. Given that these products are engineered to very fine tolerances, that has clearly affected the availablilty of some of the more complex track kits.

I am assured that Exactoscale are working hard to fulfill all outstanding orders.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited on 6 Feb 2012 13:54 by Mike Megginson
posted: 16 Feb 2012 16:34

Dellboy

Rob Manchester wrote:
Mike,

Thanks
Rob

I managed to contact Len on the telephone yesterday morning and apparently he never received my order from 4 January so that was quickly resolved with a promise of dispatch on Monday or earlier if he can manage it. If my initial order subsequently turns up he promised to return it to me.(A bit worrying as my credit card details are with the order - will have to keep a close watch on my card transactions!) He is currently preparing for his next exhibition so is pretty busy but he did say that he had very few orders outstanding. If others are still waiting suggest they try and contact him because he told me there have been problems with Exactoscale orders getting mislaid.

posted: 16 Feb 2012 21:18

Tony W

Hi all.
For general information, Exactoscale will be at the Watford Finescale show this weekend 18th 19th.
As the link does not seem to work, search on Watford model railway show.
Tony
Correct link given below.
Last edited on 16 Feb 2012 21:33 by Tony W
posted: 16 Feb 2012 21:26

Dellboy

Tony W wrote:
Hi all.
For general information, Exactoscale will be at the Watford Finescale show this weekend 18th 19th, see  http://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/Watford_index.html  for details.
Tony

Link should be http://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/Watford_exhibition.html

posted: 16 Feb 2012 21:29

Tony W

Dellboy wrote:
Tony W wrote:
Hi all.
For general information, Exactoscale will be at the Watford Finescale show this weekend 18th 19th, see  http://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/Watford_index.html  for details.
Tony

Link should be http://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/Watford_exhibition.html
Yes, well done that one works OK.
Cheers Tony.

posted: 17 Feb 2012 18:11

Dellboy

Dellboy wrote:
Rob Manchester wrote:
Mike,

Thanks
Rob

I managed to contact Len on the telephone yesterday morning and apparently he never received my order from 4 January so that was quickly resolved with a promise of dispatch on Monday or earlier if he can manage it. If my initial order subsequently turns up he promised to return it to me.(A bit worrying as my credit card details are with the order - will have to keep a close watch on my card transactions!) He is currently preparing for his next exhibition so is pretty busy but he did say that he had very few orders outstanding. If others are still waiting suggest they try and contact him because he told me there have been problems with Exactoscale orders getting mislaid.

Full marks to Len, Wednesday mornings telephone order arrived this morning (Friday).

posted: 18 Feb 2012 09:53

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Hi,

I've just ordered and received some parts from Model Kit Shop - they had to subsitute Exactoscale Nickel Silver  rail (0 gauge - code 125) with some from Slaters, but as that was less expensive into the bargain, I'm not bothered.

So no probs with them.

Borg-Rail wrote:
Hi,

For 4mm scale Exactoscale track parts you could try Wizard Models
For 7mm scale Exactoscale track parts - The Model Kit Shop

I've not tried The Model Kit Shop yet but I always order my 4mm parts from Wizard.

Both have online ordering.

Stephen

Templot Club > Forums > Trackbuilding topics > Exactoscale order processing
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020