author remove search highlighting

posted: 25 Feb 2012 11:08

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi

I had the Storage box open to remove one or two templates when I hit the - (minus ) button top right on the screen to see the template that I wanted to remove and a lot of the templates disappeared :shock: (see the screen shot). I have hit the undo button several times but nothing has happened.  :(

38_250606_440000000.png38_250606_440000000.png

Cheers Phil

posted: 25 Feb 2012 11:46

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Phil,

What does the storage box now show? Can you post the box file?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 25 Feb 2012 12:17

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

Martin Wynne wrote:
Hi Phil,

What does the storage box now show? Can you post the box file?

regards,

Martin.
Sorry Martin

I am unable to send the Box File as I cleared all the Templates and restored the previous session. But before I did that, I recalled the storage box and the only Templates listed are those shown on the screen shot about 5 or 6. there is about a 160 odd altogether. I have just tried to replicate what I did, with no problems this time, if it happens again I will add the box file to the message before I start again.

Cheers Phil

posted: 1 Mar 2012 17:20

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Hi Martin.
I experienced something similar when I was demonstrating Templot TDV to a group of people a couple of evenings back. I had a track design on the screen. I opened the storage box and cleared all the templates to start a new project. I closed the storage box and changed the gauge from OO to P4. I then tried to do Store and background, but only the Control template remained visible on the screen. I shifted the control template to see if the backgound template was hidden behind it, but not so. I then repeated the process with the same result. The storage box template numbers incrementented but no background templates were visible, either in the storage box or on the workpad.
Being unable to investigate further at the time, I shut the programme down and resorted to v0.91c. When I resumed the TDV session the following day, low and behold, the stored background templates were there, both in the storage box and on the work pad! I had hoped to send you a copy of the faulty box file, but the fault seemed to disappear on reloading.
I think this one could take some getting to the bottom of as it is difficult to reproduce, I have not been able to so far, but I thought you should be informed about it. I guess all pointers are helpful.
Tony.
Last edited on 1 Mar 2012 17:23 by Tony W
posted: 1 Mar 2012 20:25

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for the report.

I've been trying to reproduce this without success. Until I can do so it's almost impossible to track it down. :(  I strongly suspect it is related to the new Quick Mode option in TDV. Had you been experimenting with that? Or accidentally clicked the orange N button?

I'm not sure it is related to Phil's problem, as that was with an existing boxful of templates and this is trying to store a first one. I suspect Phil's problem is related to the new arrangement whereby the control template is included in the file. But again, I haven't been able to reproduce it and until I do there is very little I can do about it.

But all is not lost. "List index out of bounds" on the shove timbers took 10 years to find, but we nailed it in the end. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Mar 2012 22:47

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Hi Martin.
I had not knowingly tried the quick mode, but I will keep a watch for it. What made me suspect they may be related was that both Phil and I had deleted several templates just before the problem showed itself. In my case I cleared them all in one fell swoop then started again and apparently could not store anything afterwards. I remember from my programming days the problem of a flag not clearing when it should causing problems that only showed up much later in some other apparently unrelated part of the program. That took some finding.
Tony.
Last edited on 1 Mar 2012 22:50 by Tony W

about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020