author remove search highlighting

posted: 13 Apr 2012 08:46

Paul

Sydney - Australia

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
HI all,

Anyone have any idea where I might lay my hands on a copy of the track layout for the Port Shepstone  station in South Africa. It is interesting in that it is the end the of the 3 ft 6" main line and the main terminal for the 2ft narrow gauge to the interior built around 1908. Also I had a hand in building the extension to the platform, as an apprentice back in 1974.

cheers paul

posted: 13 Apr 2012 14:49

Roger Henry

Brisbane - Australia

Hi Paul,
A South African friend advises as follows.
Tell him to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sar-L/ and ask there. Results are guaranteed!

Regards,

posted: 14 Apr 2012 03:53

Paul

Sydney - Australia

Hi Roger,

Thanks for that I'll certainly give that a go. I found a lot of top sites on SAfrican rail with photos of engines and rolling stock in the Port Shepstone yards with a bit of rail detail, but nothing with dedicated track layout. Google Earth unfortunately gives a hint but not good enough an impression of the track layout at their largest scale for much detail.
Have you done anything on Queensland's mixed 3ft6' and 2ft rail?

cheers paul

posted: 14 Apr 2012 13:34

Roger Henry

Brisbane - Australia

Hi Paul,
You are welcome. I hope you get what you need.
Sadly, and I say that as I often wish i had of been able to model the Queensland scene, I started in HO and later, after several movees and living in apartments, found myself in the US of A and discovered N Scale, American outline. It was fa rmore affordable than UK or European models and the, then, Kadee couplers sold me. So I now have an N Scale, Santa Fe empire in my rumpus room. A nearby club has a couple of modellers workjing in N narrow Scale and HO n for the Queensland cane trams. A more distant club is almost exclusively HOn and there is also an S Scale group here. Another small group have an excellent layout featuring Indian National Railways in both broad gauge and narrow. Very hand made, but quite effective.
Roger,
Brisbane

posted: 14 Apr 2012 20:43

Lynbarn

Bexleyheath - United Kingdom

Hi Paul

If you can find a copy of 24inches apart by Sydney Moir it has a trackplan of Humewood Road in it

Regards

Colin Rainsbury

Paul wrote:
HI all,

Anyone have any idea where I might lay my hands on a copy of the track layout for the Port Shepstone  station in South Africa. It is interesting in that it is the end the of the 3 ft 6" main line and the main terminal for the 2ft narrow gauge to the interior built around 1908. Also I had a hand in building the extension to the platform, as an apprentice back in 1974.

cheers paul

posted: 8 May 2012 00:14

Paul

Sydney - Australia

Hi Roger and Colin,

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I have no feed back as yet. I applied to join Yahoo groups SAR/L about three weeks ago and haven't yet heard back from them. Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down a copy of 24 inches, which would be interesting as it should give an indication of prototype on SA Rail.

Cheers Paul

posted: 8 May 2012 14:55

Lynbarn

Hi Paul.

Give me a few days as I can't scan anything at work at present and I will send you what I have of Port Shepstone from home.

Regards

Colin

posted: 17 May 2012 02:14

Paul

Sydney - Australia

Hi Colin,

That will be good thank you very much.
Still haven't heard from Yahoo groups SAR/L.

Regards Paul.

posted: 18 May 2012 02:29

Roger Henry

Brisbane - Australia

Hi Paul,
My contact on this group in S.A. advises that he hasn't seen any application to join the group yet.

Did he join the group? Don't recall seeing a post from him.....

Group lin is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sar-L/

sar-L, not SAR/L.

He suggests you have another go at joining up and hopes that the group can assist with your requirements.

Regards,
Roger
Brisbane

posted: 19 May 2012 05:21

Paul

Sydney - Australia

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your trouble, I have tried a number of times to join again but all I get is "You are currently a pending member of this group, which means that your membership has not yet been approved by the moderator" and wont let me go any further!! So I'll gust have to wait and see.

Cheers Paul

posted: 19 May 2012 08:23

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Paul,

Try an email to:    sar-L-owner@yahoogroups.com

regards,

Martin.

posted: 20 May 2012 22:16

Lynbarn

Hi Paul I have a problem with the scan, it won't load in to templot sorry.

Regards

Colin

posted: 22 May 2012 11:50

David Cooper

Hello Paul

I didn't know the Group existed until I saw your email - I joined without any problem - it took maybe 2 days maximum.

Somewhere tucked away I have a few photos I took back in 1987 during a trip from Port Shepstone up to Paddock. They probably won't show much of the track layout but may help with odd details. It was a great day out (despite a 4am start from Durban to get down there for a 6am departure) and perfect weather - needless to say I was the only passenger.

Best wishes

David

posted: 3 Jun 2012 09:56

Paul

Sydney - Australia

Hi Martin,

Tried an email to sar-L-owner@yahoogroups.com, thank you very much for that but as yet no reply.

Regards

Paul

Templot Club > Forums > Trackbuilding topics > Port Shepstone South Africa
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020