author remove search highlighting

posted: 10 Oct 2007 17:54

Alan McMillan

Edinburgh - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin

I apologise if this is covered already but here goes.

I have created a single slip in S7 where one of the slip roads is straight, ie it has been created from two opposite handed straight turnouts facing in opposite directions. Thre are about six partial templates involved in this formation and here is my problem. I cannot pick up some of the partials to move their name labels as they seem to be "buried" underneath other ones. Trying simply brings up the ones that appear to be on top. Is there a way of cycling through the template list and selecting the one whose label you want to move?

Regards

Alan McMillan

posted: 10 Oct 2007 19:32

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Swissrail wrote:
I apologise if this is covered already but here goes.
Hi Alan,

No need for apologies. That's what we are here for. :)
Trying simply brings up the ones that appear to be on top. Is there a way of cycling through the template list and selecting the one whose label you want to move?
Hold down the SHIFT key (or put the CAPS LOCK on). Click on a template name label (not anywhere else on the template -- and the label may be a long way from it). Now the template will be selected and you can click move name label on its menu and drag the label. If labels are on top of one another, drag the first one out of the way so that you can click the one underneath.

In version 082d and later there are some additional functions to make matters easier. The initial label positions are now randomized to prevent them stacking directly above one another. If a name label is in the way, you can simply click bat name label on its menu to move the label sideways a short way. And the labels for a selected group of templates can be arranged in neat rows or columns, and moved as a group by mouse action. This means that if you select all your slip partial templates as a group, you can arrange their labels in a neat block and move them all in one go to somewhere convenient.

For more about all this, go to  http://www.templot.com/martweb/pug_info_2.htm

Scroll down to "background template name labels" on the left, and click "info" or the blue dots.

There is also a convenient new pad menu function to hide all the labels (END key). Note that even when hidden, if you hold down the SHIFT key and move the mouse pointer over the label position it will highlight for clicking. That assumes you know where the label is, of course, which in turn tends to assume that you have arranged them in a column or row.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Oct 2007 21:15

Alan McMillan

Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Thanks Martin, that's just what I needed.

Alan

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Selecting templates from the background
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020