Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 195Partial Templates
author remove search highlighting

posted: 16 Oct 2007 20:37

Edward

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I need to decompose any given control template into partial templates in order to construct a dual gauge trackplan. Can anyone point me to the magic incantation necessary to perform this action?

In Martin's email about mixed gauge trackwork on 2/11/05 he mentions "rails are removed and restored via the REAL > RAILS> settings" - I presume this is what I'm looking for. However in my 0.91 version I cannot track that function down

Many thanks

Edward

posted: 16 Oct 2007 22:47

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Edward wrote:
I need to decompose any given control template into partial templates in order to construct a dual gauge trackplan. Can anyone point me to the magic incantation necessary to perform this action?

In Martin's email about mixed gauge trackwork on 2/11/05 he mentions "rails are removed and restored via the REAL > RAILS> settings" - I presume this is what I'm looking for. However in my 0.91 version I cannot track that function down
Hi Edward,

Sorry about the confusion. In version 082d and later these settings have been changed from menu entries to a more convenient dialog window. They are now at do > omit rails and joint marks... menu item (CTRL+O). It is also now possible to omit the joint marks independently of the rails. Click the ? help button for more information.

There is more information about the many changes and extra features in recent versions at:

info 074b to 078e

info to 082d

regards,

Martin.

posted: 17 Oct 2007 13:46

Edward

Thanks Martin that's got me off to a flying start. I've overlaid BG+NG (Irish) turnouts and aligned them but now I need to tidy-up the 2 common crossings and the K-crossing. The crossings all have overlaid track which I need to trim back to reveal clear crossings. In your mixed gauge example in "Martin's Stuff" it looks you've undertaken a lot of fine detail rail work to accomplish this. In "omit rails + joint marks" I can delete whole rail sections but is there a finer way of editing rail to allow me to trim and insert/delete small rail sections at the crossings?

Regards

Edward

Martin Wynne wrote:
Edward wrote:

Hi Edward,

Sorry about the confusion. In version 082d and later these settings have been changed from menu entries to a more convenient dialog window. They are now at do > omit rails and joint marks... menu item (CTRL+O). It is also now possible to omit the joint marks independently of the rails. Click the ? help button for more information.

There is more information about the many changes and extra features in recent versions at:

info 074b to 078e

info to 082d

regards,

Martin.

posted: 17 Oct 2007 15:15

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Edward wrote:
In "omit rails + joint marks" I can delete whole rail sections but is there a finer way of editing rail to allow me to trim and insert/delete small rail sections at the crossings?
Hi Edward,

To create a gap in a rail you must create two separate partial templates, one containing the part of the rail up to the break, and one containing the part of the rail beyond the break.

For the first section of rail, shorten the rail to the near* side of the break using F4 mouse action. Then store & background.

For the second section of rail, extend the length again using F4 mouse action, and then blank up to the far side of the break using CTRL+F3 (or 3 key) mouse action. Then store & background.

To insert a short section of rail, create a template with no timbering and all other rails omitted. Then use F4 to set the far end of the rail and CTRL+F3 to set the near end of the rail.

Then align and snake it over the required place. Or shift it onto the pre-positioned notch -- you can move the fixing peg along a rail using CTRL+F8 (or 8 key), having first put the peg on the appropriate rail (CTRL+NUMPAD keys or geometry > peg on line or rail > menu options).

In the case of an inserted V-crossing, it's often convenient to use the align function and then snake mouse action (CTRL+F6 or 6 key), watching the small FP marker (gauge-line intersection) to set the required position instead of using the peg.

If the fixing peg is not on the main road centre-line, try aligning using the SHIFT+F9 slide mouse action instead of CTRL-F6 snake. Do some experimenting to see the difference between these two actions.

(*near means nearest the CTRL+0 datum end of a template.)

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Partial Templates
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020