Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 1968Overhead GWR Signal Box
author remove search highlighting

posted: 28 May 2012 16:09

BeamEnds

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Does anyone know of, or even better have a link to a photo of, an overhead GWR signal box.

Cheers
Richard

posted: 28 May 2012 17:17

Ken M-T

Cornwall - United Kingdom

Hi Richard,

Is Perranwell what you're looking for, I've just discovered this

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/cornwall-railway-gallery-branches-west.html

and scroll through. There are loads of Cornish pics I've never seen before and I'm going to spend some time rooting through them.

Ken

posted: 28 May 2012 17:49

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Hi,

That's interesting - I started a P4 layout based on Perranwell some years ago, but it's never got beyond the track and ballast stage - perhaps one day - in the meantime I'll look out the book with the photos and track plan if anyone is interested.

posted: 28 May 2012 19:15

JFS

United Kingdom

Richard,

I think such things were exceedingly rare and Perranwell has been modelled to death - especially on 7mm scale layouts which are smaller than they should be!

Good Luck,

Howard.

posted: 29 May 2012 08:14

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Hi,

British Railways Past and Present No 17 Cornwall has a photo. BRJ 27 on Falmouth Branch says its unique.

Definitely not a standard GWR Design though!

Modelled to Death? Not seen one myself but then again I've been in France for 5 years!

JFS wrote:
Richard,

I think such things were exceedingly rare and Perranwell has been modelled to death - especially on 7mm scale layouts which are smaller than they should be!

Good Luck,

Howard.

Last edited on 29 May 2012 09:42 by Stephen Freeman
posted: 29 May 2012 16:30

BeamEnds

Ken M-T wrote:
Hi Richard,

Is Perranwell what you're looking for, I've just discovered this

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/cornwall-railway-gallery-branches-west.html

and scroll through. There are loads of Cornish pics I've never seen before and I'm going to spend some time rooting through them.

Ken
Thank you! Lovely set of pictures too, so sad :-(

Still, it looks like I can invoke modelers licence for Soddinghams overhead signal box.

Cheers all
Richard

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Overhead GWR Signal Box
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020