author remove search highlighting

posted: 4 Sep 2012 13:55

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi All

Following a computer malware problem where I managed to get LIVE SECURITY PLATINUM, whilst I had disabled AVG to download software updates, I have restored everything to 'normal'. I now have only one outstanding issue (I hope) I cannot get Autocad 2000 and my printer Epson Stylus Photo 1290 to talk to each other. I have gone into Plot Manager and get to a screen ( shown below) where it appears to be asking for a printer drive from the list, but I have know idea which one to use.

38_040854_200000000.png38_040854_200000000.png

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Phil

posted: 4 Sep 2012 14:24

Alan McMillan

Edinburgh - United Kingdom

Hi Phil

That screen you've shown is simply a non-interactive list of the print driver files that have been installed in your PC. Collectively, they constitute the complete driver for the printer you have. It's not a case of choosing which one to use...they are all in use by the printer in one way or another. My advice would be to uninstall the driver/printer software completely and start from scratch...if necessary disabling any antivirus software whilst you do so. You may also need to instruct your firewall to disregard the ports used by the printer in case this is what is causing the miscommunication between Autocad and the printer device itself.

Regards

Alan
Last edited on 4 Sep 2012 14:27 by Alan McMillan
posted: 4 Sep 2012 15:23

Phil O

Hi Alan

Thanks for your input, but I'm unable to reload printer drivers as I am unable to find the relevant disc. I have found all the other Epson disc's which came with the printer except the relevant one, also I'm not able to download it as the printer is not listed and I'm not sure which is the nearest.

However I have overcome the problem, it's a bit long winded but at least I can print drawings. Fortunately I don't do it very often, I just hope can remember next time around.

Thanks again

Phil

posted: 4 Sep 2012 15:39

Brian Nicholls

Poole - United Kingdom

Phil O wrote:
but I'm unable to reload printer drivers as I am unable to find the relevant disc. I have found all the other Epson disc's which came with the printer except the relevant one, also I'm not able to download it as the printer is not listed and I'm not sure which is the nearest.

Hi Phil,

I use an EPSON 1290 printer, and have the program disc for it, so if you ever need a copy of the disc, please let me know and I will send you a copy.

All the best,

Brian Nicholls.

posted: 4 Sep 2012 17:46

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Hi Phil

You can download drivers for the 1290 from the Epson website for all Windows operating systems up to and including Vista.  Win 7 is listed, but when you select it, it says the drivers are not available.  You're then taken to a page that says that Win 7 knows about the 1290 natively, so you can use the "Add printer" wizard.

The bottom line is, you can download drivers for whichever OS you have!

posted: 7 Sep 2012 11:09

Phil O

Hi Paul

Sorry for the delay in replying to you but I had to nip up to Stourport for a couple of days.

When I went to the Epson site I could not see the 1290 listed there was a 1280 and 1400. I will have another look later to see if I can find it.

Cheers Phil

posted: 7 Sep 2012 12:33

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Hi Phil

The link in my previous email takes you straight to the right page!  (the blue text)

Cheers

posted: 9 Sep 2012 09:54

Phil O

Hi Paul
The link in my previous email takes you straight to the right page!  (the blue text)
Thanks for that, I must have had my black and white glasses on. Now all I have to do is to get firefox to open up on other websites apart from Planet Rock. I'm currently using my new computer which is not normally used for the internet.

Cheers Phil 

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Autocad 2000 printer problem
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020