topic: 2101Deleting and correcting mistakes
author remove search highlighting

posted: 4 Nov 2012 16:33

GreenBoy

United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
HiTrying to work my way through the track plan step by step tutorial http://www.templot.com/martweb/tut5a.htm and having some difficulties.
The first issue is the obvious one that I am using Templot 2 and the tutorial was written for an earlier version - but that's OK once you have worked out what menu items are now under, or that the short-cuts have changed etc.... 
Anyway the biggest problem I ma having is where I make a mistake - usually due to the issue above or having to guess which menu item is meant during screens 30 - 32 ish.
When I have got this wrong I need to delete, and this isn't working as the deleting sequences seem to leave additional copies of previous actions on the screen, and selects one of the previous templates.
ie. I manage to insert the wrong handed switch, and cant work out how to change it, so I click Ctrl + U and it leave the switch on the screen and reselects the last template (at this point in the tutorial its the loop entry curve). 
So the questions are these:
  1. What is the correct way of backing off after you have made a mistake
  2. What is the correct way to select a template to start editing it.
Sorry that these are probably very basic operations but I have missed a description of these and I am getting far too hung up on them.
Thanks for all your help and a great piece of software.GreenBoy

posted: 4 Nov 2012 17:43

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

GreenBoy wrote:
What is the correct way of backing off after you have made a mistake?
Hi David,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

If you are still making changes to the control template (the one in brown), and haven't yet stored a copy of it, undoing (and re-doing) changes is very simple. Just click the blue arrow buttons in the top row, like this:

2_041218_130000000.png2_041218_130000000.png

If the template has been stored on the background (the green ones), the procedure is different. Click on the template, so that its menu appears on the left:

2_041218_130000001.png2_041218_130000001.png

Press D or click delete on that menu if you want to remove it entirely.

Press M or click make the control if you want to make changes to it. The two templates will swap over, so that the one which you clicked becomes the control template. Make whatever changes you want. Then click the other template (the upper one in this screenshot), and press M or click make the control again to revert to working on that one.

If you didn't want to revert to that one, after clicking the first time on the background template, press T or click delete to the control and continue working from there.

As you can see, there are lots of other options in that menu, giving experienced users a full range of options for managing the templates.

I'm sorry the "track plan" tutorial is so out-of-date. I'm not entirely sure whether it is more help or hindrance with Templot2. Several users asked me to retain it, but a new one is sorely needed and is high on my list of things to do.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 5 Nov 2012 09:09

GreenBoy

United Kingdom

Thanks Martin.
Like dear old British Rail used to say - I'm getting there.

I have other questions, but I will start new threads for those.
Many thanks for the fast and very clear response.

posted: 1 Jan 2013 16:38

Big Bird

Littlehampton - United Kingdom

Hmmm,

Having problems. I can't clear the curved point from the start-up template. So, I read the above and that makes sence, but I don't get a drop down if I left click on the template. Tried right click but the resulting drop down doesn't look like your - Help Please

Thanx

posted: 1 Jan 2013 16:55

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Big Bird wrote:
I can't clear the curved point from the start-up screen.
Hi,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

You can't clear it, and there is no reason to do so. It's your working template, called the control template. What you do is change it to the new turnout or other template that you want.

See: http://www.templot.com/martweb/gs_firstoff.htm

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Jan 2013 20:19

Big Bird

Littlehampton - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Thanx for getting back to me. I guess I haven't got my head around this yet. think I'll be back on here fairly soon :D:D

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > Deleting and correcting mistakes
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020