author remove search highlighting

posted: 22 Jan 2013 21:35

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin

Er, is Templot 2 supposed to do this? :?

105_221629_160000000.png105_221629_160000000.png

105_221629_440000000.png105_221629_440000000.png

I had just used the mouse action to move the timber shown in red along a bit.  I've attached the box file, but the control template is now on the background, in green.  After clicking OK, Templot carried on as normal.  I bet this will be one of those like the List index out of bounds torment :(
Attachment: attach_1561_2147_scissors_interlaced_2013_01_22_2128_00.box     253

posted: 22 Jan 2013 22:03

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Paul Boyd wrote:
I bet this will be one of those like the List index out of bounds torment :(
Hi Paul,

Yes. That was when shoving timbers too. :(

I've just been trying to replicate it here, but I can't. Have you been able to repeat it?

Had you been using the sketchboard earlier in the session?

I do notice that you are shoving timbers on a template with all rails turned off. That may be significant, although I can't see how at present.

That's an impressive bit of track. The offset scissors which we were discussing recently. :)

Many thanks for posting it. :thumb:

Has anyone else seen this when shoving timbers?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 23 Jan 2013 13:40

Paul Boyd

Hi Martin

I wasn't able to replicate it, although when I closed Templot down I got the same error again, but with different numbers.  I hadn't used the Sketchboard.

I tend to create a separate template for timbers when things start to get complicated as otherwise I seem to spend all my time trying to work out which templates have which timbers on them!  Not having rails does cause some glitches, like the template not being picked up in a group selection fence (which is where the tags come in very handy), but I'd not previously had an actual error!

I suddenly decided that the scissors I've actually built didn't allow much room for shunting in one of the releases so I had to move one of the crossovers back a bit.  That just happened to create the need for an interlaced scissor, or offset scissor, or whatever.  Purely coincidental, honest, guv :D :D

Cheers

posted: 23 Jan 2013 14:09

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Paul Boyd wrote:
Not having rails does cause some glitches, like the template not being picked up in a group selection fence
Hi Paul,

They should be picked up if the track centre-line(s) are present.

If you turn off all rails and centre-lines, then yes, Templot will have trouble finding the template on the trackpad and the group selection fence won't include it. This also affects zooming to fit, and the trackplan boundary on the sketchboard.

If you will be turning off all the rails, it's best to leave the centre-lines on. :)

For partial templates, it's usually better to keep the rails with the timbering under V-crossings. This ensures that you keep the timbers in the correct positions for the special chairs.

Thanks for the answers, although I still can't replicate it. :?

regards,

Martin.

posted: 23 Jan 2013 19:58

Paul Boyd

Hi Martin

Ah, yes - I do turn off centre lines usually.  The name tags neatly get around the problem though and more or less replace the group selection fence for me.
For partial templates, it's usually better to keep the rails with the timbering under V-crossings. This ensures that you keep the timbers in the correct positions for the special chairs.
What I actually do, and you can see in the screenshot below, is to leave the timbers on some of the partial templates but use different marker colours for each of those partial templates.  The control template containing the "real" timbers is hidden in the screenshot.  I then use those as a guide for the "real" timber template.  Once it's done, all the partial templates lose any timbers they have.  That works for me!

If I do get the error again I'll let you know, and try to remember what I was doing to cause it!

105_231455_400000000.png105_231455_400000000.png

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Access violation error
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020