author remove search highlighting

posted: 9 Dec 2013 22:35

Kipford

Waterlooville - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Martin

95% of my Templot usage is at lunchtimes on my work lap top, Templot 2 does not work through our servers, so I still use my original purchased copy of Templot, converting to Templot 2 when required at home. I have just been given a new lap top is it possible to give me another access code for this one please: The computer number is 246:AB4:08.

Your help would be appreciated as I want to get started on a layout for the S4 Standard Gauge Work Bench.

Regards

Dave Smith

posted: 9 Dec 2013 23:14

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hello Dave,

The present situation is:

1. Old versions of Templot have been withdrawn. Lock-release codes are no longer available.

2. Templot2 is a hobby program for model makers. It is not intended to be installed in a corporate environment or on a computer which the user does not own or have full control of the connections. 

3. Templot2 requires an internet connection.

4. Templot2 is free to use.

The terms of use for Templot2 are at: http://templot.com/companion/index.html?terms_of_use.htm

They are designed to allow me to continue to develop and support Templot. The alternative was to kill the entire project because it was making me ill.

I'm very sorry if this situation is difficult for you.

If you need to run Templot2 where no internet connection is available there are two possible solutions:

1. use the Hibernate feature on your laptop computer.

2. obtain a USB dongle or other device which can connect to the internet via a mobile phone signal. Templot requires only a few hundred bytes of download, making a negligible impact on your data quota.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 22 Dec 2013 12:41

Richard_Jones

Heswall - United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

That's really useful to know in advance - I am wondering how long my (actually, my wife's) laptop is going to last and have occasionally reverted to using the original version of Templot when I've not had an internet connection.

However, with the growth of free Wi-Fi (particularly in holiday lets and hotel chains) I don't think the shift to Templot 2 would give problem that it might have been a few years ago - its certainly not worth making yourself ill over it as, at the end of the day, this is a hobby and must be enjoyed.

Very best wishes for a happy Christmas and prosperous New Year, trusting that all of your family will be in good health after recent events.

Its a pity there isn't the equivalent to the New Year's Honours List for Model Railways - you would certainly get my vote for the contribution that Templot has made to the hobby.

best wishes

Richard

Templot Club > Forums > Development doings - archive > Templot 1 new passcode
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020