topic: 2407Zoom Focus
author remove search highlighting

posted: 17 Feb 2014 09:53

Alan Turner

Dudley - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Would it be possible to have the zoom-in (and out) to centre on the current mouse position?

CorelDraw does that and I find it very useful. It means not having to zoom-in and then move to the required position.

regards

Alan

posted: 17 Feb 2014 11:12

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Alan Turner wrote:
Would it be possible to have the zoom-in (and out) to centre on the current mouse position?

CorelDraw does that and I find it very useful. It means not having to zoom-in and then move to the required position.
Hi Alan,

This is already possible -- trackpad > zoom and pan options > mouse wheel zoom options > menu options. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 12 Sep 2017 17:24

FraserSmith

Dundee - United Kingdom

Hi Martin

I just had a look at the OS maps link that you posted today on the TemplotTalk forum and when zooming in and out I noticed that it zoomed on the mouse pointer rather than the screen centre. I then went looking for the "wouldn't it be nice if it did" section of the forum and searched for zoom and found Alan Turner's question and your response. If only I had seen that before starting on my mammoth station design! In my previous, money earning, life I used Autocad and other programs that do zoom at the mouse pointer and find that it is a much more natural way to work than to have the zoom centered on the screen. I wonder if zooming on the pointer should be the default in 2.15b rather than zooming at the centre?

Anyone else have opinions on this?

Thanks again for all your development efforts

Cheers

Fraser

posted: 12 Sep 2017 18:55

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

FraserSmith wrote:
I wonder if zooming on the pointer should be the default in 2.15b rather than zooming at the centre?
Hi Fraser,

I included that option because several folks asked for it, but I think it must be a Marmite thing. Whenever I have tried it I found it very uncomfortable to use and I always end up dragging the screen to the centre anyway. The same on the OS Maps site.

Whether it should be default is moot, what do others think? It could be, because the alternative mouse-action precision zoom (CTRL+F1 or just the 1 key, or the button on the zoom/pan panel) always zooms on the centre, so there would be a choice.

But it doesn't really need to be the default. The setting is included in the saved program preferences if you use them, so once set it would become the default for subsequent sessions.

p.s. thanks for nudging me to update the menu caption from "workpad" to "trackpad". Only 5 years behind with that, so I'm getting there. :)

regards,

Martin.

about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020