topic: 2434Adding a plan from a scan
author remove search highlighting

posted: 30 Mar 2014 12:51

Hayfield

United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Please forgive me but I am being extremely thick. I have scanned a plan which I would like to put into Templot ,so I can start to make a detailed track plan.
I just cannot find how to do it, I have watched the tutorial of adding track. But seen to have missed the instructions for adding a scan
Thanks

posted: 30 Mar 2014 15:01

Trevor Walling

United Kingdom

Hayfield wrote:
Please forgive me but I am being extremely thick. I have scanned a plan which I would like to put into Templot ,so I can start to make a detailed track plan.
I just cannot find how to do it, I have watched the tutorial of adding track. But seen to have missed the instructions for adding a scan
Thanks
Hello,
        I think this is what you need to look at.undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined
2110_300959_270000000.png2110_300959_270000000.png

Regards
Trevor :)

posted: 30 Mar 2014 19:04

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hayfield wrote:
Hi John.

See:

message 14055

If you watch the video which Trevor mentioned, please note that it is now out of date:

1. it is no longer essential to save the image in BMP format. In fact PNG is much better and preferred for line drawings and diagrams, and for scanned images use JPG format.

2. it is no longer necessary to save the image in the same folder as your BGS files. It can now be anywhere on your computer, and Templot will put a copy in the BGS folder for you, with the file extension .sk81

regards,

Martin.

posted: 30 Mar 2014 22:11

Hayfield

United Kingdom

Trevor and Martin, thank you both very much. Don't ask me how but I have managed not only to load it but also to adjust the size. I am now trying to match up Templot templates to the sketch

John

posted: 31 Mar 2014 19:53

Hayfield

United Kingdom

Help again please

I have reloaded the saved file and only the track was saved, not too much of a problem, but please how do I save both background and track
Last edited on 31 Mar 2014 20:28 by Hayfield
posted: 1 Apr 2014 00:56

Martin Wynne

I have reloaded the saved file and only the track was saved, not too much of a problem, but please how do I save both background and track
Hi John,

Click main > background shapes :

2_311953_130000000.png2_311953_130000000.png

1. To save your background picture shape (and any other shapes you have created) click the save all as... button. Two files will get saved -- a .bgs file containing the dimensions of the picture shape, and an .sk81 file containing the actual image in png format.

2. To restore your background shapes next time click the reload... button.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Apr 2014 17:25

Hayfield

United Kingdom

Martin

Again thank you. Am I correct in thinking that you save once you have resized it (if that is the correct term) to match Templot.

Secondly is it possible to print a hard copy including the background as well as the track plan

posted: 1 Apr 2014 21:36

Martin Wynne

Hayfield wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that you save once you have resized it (if that is the correct term) to match Templot?
Hi John,

Yes, any changes you make to the size or position of the image are saved in the .bgs file.

Secondly is it possible to print a hard copy including the background as well as the track plan?
Yes. But take care. :)

To include background picture shapes on the printed templates, click this option on the picture shapes tab of the print preview dialog:

2_012050_210000000.png2_012050_210000000.png

Make sure you click the ? help button and read the notes. The very large magnification involved means that you need a well-specified computer system, a modern version of Windows, a compatible printer, and plenty of ink. It's not for the faint-hearted. :)

If you are printing the plan for evaluation rather than as construction templates, you may find it easier to print the output at a reduced scale. This will also stress the system much less in printing the picture shapes. Click the output > enlarge/reduce size for print, PDF, DXF > menu options.

For evaluation you may instead like to try using the sketchboard with the trackplan in detail mode. You can zoom in and see all the output, without using any ink. :)  And quickly see the effect of any changes.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 1 Apr 2014 22:05

Hayfield

United Kingdom

Martin

Thanks, yes I was thinking of printing in 1/4 size or less

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > Adding a plan from a scan
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020