topic: 2444Print page origin
author remove search highlighting

posted: 18 Apr 2014 12:47

John Walker

Reading - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Yesterday I printed part of my track plan. Today I want to print a bit more but can't remember the page origin I used.

It would be useful if Templot included the page origin on printouts.

posted: 18 Apr 2014 15:31

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Can I stick my hand for this as well, please? :)  At the moment I try to remember to make a note of where the origin was set and scribble it on a printout somewhere.

Cheers

posted: 19 Apr 2014 23:13

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi John, Paul,

Many thanks for that suggestion. I will add a note of the page origin dimensions on the template page prints. :)

The page origin is already shown on the printed page map:

2_221933_500000000.png2_221933_500000000.png

Note that the page origin is already included in your program preferences between sessions. This doesn't help for old templates of course, a note on the actual template makes sense.

See:

topic 370 - message 14573

and subsequent.

To start saving your program preferences between sessions, click here:

2_191808_390000000.png2_191808_390000000.png

regards,

Martin.

posted: 21 Apr 2014 13:08

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

I have now added this information to the print and PDF output on every template page:

2_210735_310000000.png2_210735_310000000.png

2_210738_140000000.png2_210738_140000000.png

Top-right at 1 shows the current page origin setting.

Top-left at 2 shows the grid co-ordinates of the trim margins at this corner of this page.

Bottom-right at 3 shows the grid co-ordinates of the trim margins at this corner of this page.

These figures allow you to reset the page origin at a later date to repeat or restart the printing of required pages.

The additional data is inside the trim margins so still available after trimming, although of course it may now obscure rather more of the template. Hopefully not too much -- this feature can be turned off if not wanted:

2_221953_550000000.png2_221953_550000000.png

p.s. if the font for this text is set larger than size 8 it is shown transparent with the drawing visible under it, like this (this is not a new feature):

2_210751_190000000.png2_210751_190000000.png

Bear in mind that in re-using these figures at a later date you will get repeatable results only if:

it is the same printer,
the paper size is set the same as before,
the print quality is set the same as before,
all other printer settings are the same as before,
any custom trim margins are set the same as before,

and the printer calibration settings are still the same.

In the next program update. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 21 Apr 2014 19:00

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

Thanks very much, Martin!

posted: 24 Apr 2014 10:03

John Walker

Reading - United Kingdom

Thanks Martin

Templot Club > Forums > I wish it would... > Print page origin
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020