author remove search highlighting

posted: 23 Nov 2007 18:26

Roger Henry

Brisbane - Australia

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in replying. It went midnight and my PC turned into a pumpkin.

I am using IE 7 as a browser.

To copy anything, anywhere, I simply wipe the mouse over the desired text - or whatever - whilst holding down the 'left' button thus highlighting the desired text/address/picture etc. in blue. I then right click and the only options I get are "Undo, Cut, Copy, Delete, Select all". I normally click "Copy" and then move to the desired document, locate the cursor as required, right click and then "Paste".

Never done it any other way or had any problems. Nor do I seem to be set up for the options you mention. Sigh. So much to learn.

I did paste the web address in question into the middle of a sentence, with a couple of spaces preceeding and following it. The link obligingly 'highlighted' itself in blue, telling me it was now 'active' and I then carried on typing text.

This is the first time I have inserted a Web address into a Forum  text so next time I will take your advice and insert any web address offered either at the end of a message or on its own line.

Roger,

Brisbane

posted: 25 Nov 2007 01:42

John Lewis

Croydon - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Roger Henry wrote:
It went midnight and my PC turned into a pumpkin.
Hauled by mice (or the mouse)?

:)

John

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Copy and paste in forum messages
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020