author remove search highlighting

posted: 20 Oct 2014 19:28

DerekStuart

United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I'm afraid I'm after advice again...
I know there are many articles on her for version 1 of Templot and some for V2. I have followed the video tutorial and seem to have made a few errors but have got to the point of sticking the 3rd "cut down" turnout on top. In the video it shows how to match the radius up with the main 2 points, but the wording is different.
I have tried it in all combinations On both the first and second turnout. Could anyone tell me which is the correct bit of data to follow?

I am using a B6 and C8. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Derek

posted: 20 Oct 2014 21:59

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Derek,

The tandem video is well out of date and was made before the introduction of gaunt turnouts and irregular half-diamonds, either of which make a better partial template for the 3rd V-crossing than a normal turnout.

How to use a gaunt turnout as the 3rd V-crossing is here:

topic 1487

You may like to read this topic starting here for some important information about practical tandem turnouts:  

topic 2394 - message 16119

I will make a new tandem video in FBR format as soon as I can. At present I still haven't finished the single-slip video which I posted several weeks ago.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 20 Oct 2014 22:40

DerekStuart

United Kingdom

Thank you Martin.

I have tried the 'gaunt' version and it is close and I dare say another go and I will get it right. I think perhaps I've jumped too far up the ladder without getting the basics right.

One small Q if you don't mind. I omitted the timbers from turnout 1 and 3 and just used the 2nd turnout timbers (the patterns didn't match) and then found the 'shove timbers' feature that I've seen in various demo videos, but this caused the turnout 1 rails to be hidden. Any tips on what I've done/not done?

If it's taxing on the grey matter to use Templot I hate to think what it must be like to programme it. In between developing Templot do you look for higs bosuns and dark matter? Or merely content yourself with finding out the answer to life, the universe and everything? (and in case that doesn't come across in the way intended- I take my hat off to you indeed!)

Many thanks again.
Derek
Last edited on 20 Oct 2014 22:43 by DerekStuart
posted: 20 Oct 2014 22:54

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

DerekStuart wrote:
One small Q if you don't mind. I omitted the timbers from turnout 1 and 3 and just used the 2nd turnout timbers (the patterns didn't match) and then found the 'shove timbers' feature that I've seen in various demo videos, but this caused the turnout 1 rails to be hidden. Any tips on what I've done/not done?
Hi Derek,

See my post here:

http://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34042#p34042

If it's taxing on the grey matter to use Templot I hate to think what it must be like to programme it. In between developing Templot do you look for higs bosuns and dark matter?
Programming Templot is the easy bit. For 15 years now I have been looking for a way to explain it. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 22 Oct 2014 19:11

DerekStuart

United Kingdom

Thanks Martin

I still haven't got it quite right- but as a "placemarker" whilst I do the rest, it works.

I will need to jiggle it a bit before using it as an actual template for construction- but that's way off anyway.

As for programming this being easy- I'll happily take your word for it. How you've managed to get such an in-depth programme into such a small file size is another incredible thing.

Thanks
Derek

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Another "tandem" question I'm afraid
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020