author remove search highlighting

posted: 19 Dec 2014 11:10

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
A new book about British Permanent Way:

"The Railway - British Track since 1804" by Andrew Dow. ISBN 9781473822573. See:

http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/The-Railway-British-Track-Since-1804-Hardback/p/7846

Introductory price £32 post free for the hardback version, due for publication on 30 Dec 2014.

An ebook version is already available on Google Books at £18.72. Read extracts at:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=wG9tBQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Thanks to Ernest Bate for this info.

Martin.

posted: 19 Dec 2014 15:58

Nigel Brown

It was mentioned in the WRRC newsletter. I'd be interested in the comments of anyone who has a chance to read it.

posted: 19 Dec 2014 20:43

Matt M.

Australia

Hi Nigel,

I worked my way through the Google extracts last night.

Have been researching NSWGR PW for two years now so
can understand some of the issues that the author has
had to deal with in research terms.

Given the historical length of time covered, and the number of
players, both engineers and railway companies, it is necessarily
concise.
But what I read was very well done.
This is a massively overdue text. I'm buying the hardcover.

Matt M.

posted: 20 Dec 2014 12:57

TimRKirby

Saint Paul - USA

If you buy the hardcover from Pen & Sword for 32 quid (RRP 40) you can get the ebook version for another 1.99. Amazon.co.uk wants the full 40 for the hardcover...

Tim

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > New book about Permanent Way
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020