topic: 2603Font Display on Mac/Wine
author remove search highlighting

posted: 27 Dec 2014 17:28

mfearn

United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I have recently installed Templot 211b on OSX 10.4.11 / Wine 1.4.1 but most of the text is displayed as boxes as per the screenshot.

The extract from Wine's console.log is as follows.

XFree86 Version 4.4.0 / X Window System
(protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600)
[DRI] screen 0 installation complete
Screen 0 added: 1280x800 @ (0,0)
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
2014-12-26 22:17:41.012 Wine[7373] /Users/mike/Wine Files/drive_c/TEMPLOT_DEV/templot_2.exe

Any suggestions to do with file/directory permissions on the mac or fonts required in the wine/windows fonts directory would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael
Attachment: attach_2026_2603_Picture_1.png     136

posted: 27 Dec 2014 17:49

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

When running under Wine, Templot uses the "Liberation Sans" font, which is an open source replacement for the Microsoft proprietary fonts, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts

You need to install this font in your Wine fonts folder, although why it is not already there is a bit puzzling. Did you install Linux/Wine via Codeweavers Crossover, Winebottler, or something else?

Sorry my knowledge of Macs is almost nil, but I'm sure others on here will be able to help.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 27 Dec 2014 19:01

mfearn

United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help.

I've downloaded the fonts from http://www.fontsy.com/font_details_21967.html and copied to the wine/drive_c/windows/Fonts directory and that has done the trick.

I am using winebottler, but an older version for compatibility so maybe the font wasn't included in the older version?

Anyway, now to get on with trying out Templot.

Michael

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Font Display on Mac/Wine
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020