topic: 2732Windows10 / Microsoft Edge
author remove search highlighting

posted: 3 Aug 2015 15:25

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I have upgraded my tablet computer to Windows10.

Using the new Microsoft Edge browser, the image gallery buttons in the posting editor here are not working.

Until I can get this fixed, please note that in Edge you can easily revert to Internet Explorer, and everything will then work:

2_031019_480000000.png2_031019_480000000.png

1. click the three dots . . . at top right.

2. click Open with Internet Explorer.

Sigh. Once again Microsoft requires web developers to re-write everything, whereas the same forum code has been working perfectly in Firefox for years, and continues to do so.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 15:45

davelong

Hi Martin
Which buttons aren't working as I can open the image gallery and navigate fine in Edge.

I'm on a Chinese tablet.

Dave

posted: 3 Aug 2015 16:05

Martin Wynne

davelong wrote:
Which buttons aren't working as I can open the image gallery and navigate fine in Edge.

I'm on a Chinese tablet.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the report.

These buttons are not working for me. The upload is ok, but it won't insert in the editor:

2_031103_180000000.png2_031103_180000000.png

I will do some investigating.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 16:53

davelong

Ah I see what you mean, I have tried those and get the 'Sorry, your browser does not support this' too.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 18:38

Paul Boyd

Loughborough - United Kingdom

I'm afraid I get the same as Dave.  I was always under the illusion (delusion) that the web used standard protocols.  It seems every company has its own versions of any standards...
Apart from this, I have to say that so far I'm quite happy with Edge.  It's snappy and does seem to support most things, although the lack of any ad blocking extensions for now is irritating.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 19:10

Martin Wynne

Paul Boyd wrote:
I'm afraid I get the same as Dave.  I was always under the illusion (delusion) that the web used standard protocols. It seems every company has its own versions of any standards...
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately "design-mode" (using the browser as an HTML editor) is not well covered in the standards.

Templot Club actually has 4 different editors:

1. Enhanced Editor 1 (you can see a 1 showing on the top right of the editor window) is used for Internet Explorer.

2. Enhanced Editor 2 (you can see a 2 showing on the top right of the editor window) is used for Firefox and Google Chrome (but works properly only in Firefox).

3. Basic Editor is used for Opera, Safari, and all other browsers.

4. Quick Reply is a standard HTML text input box.

Unfortunately Edge won't work properly with 1 or 2 -- I have tried both.

As a temporary measure I am going to switch it to 3 while I figure out what to do.

I really don't want to have to write yet another editor, I have other things to do with my time. I'm looking at switching us to a 3rd-party editor such as CK Editor, although I'm always wary about having this web site reliant on 3rd-party scripts:

http://ckeditor.com

Despite the claims on that site, like all editors it is a bit flaky, as those who are using it on RMweb know well.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 19:41

Martin Wynne

Martin Wynne wrote:
As a temporary measure I am going to switch it to 3 while I figure out what to do.

I have now switched Microsoft Edge to the Basic Editor.

If you are using Edge you can restore the previous functions by swapping to Internet Explorer 11, see:

2_031019_480000000.png2_031019_480000000.png

regards,

Martin.

posted: 3 Aug 2015 21:10

Martin Wynne

Hi Dave, Paul,

Please can you try something for me? In Windows10/Edge, swap to IE11 as above. Then try using the image buttons in the editor. Do they work?

I'm puzzled because on this forum they are working fine for me. But on other forums using the same software they don't work in IE11.

I must have changed something, but I can't remember what. My brain is getting too old for this stuff. :(

regards,

Martin.

posted: 4 Aug 2015 06:49

davelong

Martin yes both buttons work in IE here,

Images attached using both buttons.

629_040145_580000000.jpg629_040145_580000000.jpg

629_181055_150000000.png629_181055_150000000.png

Dave
Last edited on 4 Aug 2015 06:52 by davelong
posted: 4 Aug 2015 06:50

davelong

Although the in editor resize function didn't work on the first image.

Dave

posted: 4 Aug 2015 11:26

Martin Wynne

Many thanks Dave.

That means I need to do some digging to find what I changed on Templot Club to make it work. There are other users of the same software who need the same. I don't remember changing anything. :?

The image resize did work. Some time ago I changed the limits from 800x600 to 932x700, in line with the general trend for increased screen sizes. You new image was resized from 1024 width to 932. Your existing image was an older one in the gallery which had been resized to 800.

And of course saying that, I have just realised that I didn't update the note about sizes on the upload page. I will do that now. :)

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Windows10 / Microsoft Edge
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020