author remove search highlighting

posted: 11 Oct 2015 13:57

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
As usual, 5 minutes after uploading a new version of Templot I find a bug. :(

In the case of an irregular half-diamond having a regular type of V-crossing, the SHIFT-F11 mouse action should be available (adjust V-crossing entry straight). Will be fixed in the next update.

It's not often an irregular half-diamond has a regular V-crossing, but it can do -- for example when it is required to form a crossover with a regular turnout:

2_110840_390000000.png2_110840_390000000.png

Adjusting the crossing entry straight then allows some fine tuning of the lead length to fit the site.

For example in the above screenshot the irregular diamond-crossing has angles 1:7.5, 1:8.5, 1:10. The 1:8.5 K-crossing angle means the K-crossings will need to be movable (switch-diamond), requiring point-motors awkwardly close to the baseboard joint. By increasing the crossing entry straight (see the marker, boxed yellow -- it would normally be near the V-crossing) I was able to shorten the half-diamond a bit. I then snaked (CTRL+F6) the other half-diamond back into alignment with it. Note that I put the peg on CTRL+4 while adjusting the entry straight.

The fix will be in the next update. There was a 10-month gap between the last two updates, for no particular excuse that I can think of. :)

I will try to get the next update a bit sooner.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 15 Oct 2015 02:12

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Further to the above, two option boxes have been missing from the V-crossing dialog for 15 years. :(

2_142044_130000000.png2_142044_130000000.png

I have now added them. Will be in the next program update. :)

This dialog is at template > V-crossing settings... menu item, or real > V-crossing options > V-crossing settings... menu item. Or by right-clicking on the green crossing-type indicator at the top left of the trackpad.

There are two likely reasons for selecting the fixed at... option for the crossing entry straight on regular-type V-crossings instead of the usual auto-fit option:

1. you are shortening this particular turnout to get a better fit to the available space, without wanting to change the switch size or crossing angle. In this case you would leave the boxes unticked, so that the setting reverts to auto-fit on subsequent templates. Or

2. you are matching a specific prototype drawing to produce a custom template. In this case you would probably want to tick the boxes, so that the setting is retained in all your subsequent templates.

In the meantime in all existing versions of Templot, without those boxes available, you should know that the effective behaviour is:

as if the retain on mint box is unticked -- minting a new template always reverts to auto-fit, and

as if the retain on tools:make box is ticked -- the fixed at... option is retained until you change it. This means that for the present in case 1 above, you need to come back and reset the auto-fit option manually before creating further templates. Note that the fixed at... option is selected automatically when you use the the SHIFT-F11 mouse action (adjust V-crossing entry straight).

regards,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Bug - adjusting irregular half-diamonds
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020