topic: 2785Problem with 3D dxf file in Sketchup Pro 2015
author remove search highlighting

posted: 14 Nov 2015 20:13

keithj15

Northampton - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I have tried several times to make a 3D dxf file of my track to bring into Sketchup, but it seems I am missing a trick in the export/render settings because I keep getting tabs at the ends of the sleepers. These match the extended lines you get on the sleepers when printing out a template to construct track work, where they are quite useful. However they do nothing for the look in a 3D rendering.
I also have AutoCAD, and can see the extended sleeper guides there too, so I know it must be something I need to change in Templot in order to remove them.
Can someone please tell me what I am missing or where I have got wrong.

I have attached a DXF file showing the problem

Regards Keith
Attachment: attach_2173_2785_On30_test.dxf     183

posted: 14 Nov 2015 20:25

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Keith,

In the generator menu:

2_141522_570000000.png2_141522_570000000.png

1. untick outline extension marks menu item.

2. click rebuild all background menu item.

and export the DXF again. :)

regards,

Martin.

posted: 14 Nov 2015 20:35

keithj15

Northampton - United Kingdom

Sincere thanks Martin
I wasn't rebuilding after making a change (DOH!)

I also now realise that when you do this it also changes the view of the templates in Templot.

Time to offer profuse apologies, put the laptop down, and relax with a glass of wine!

Keith

posted: 14 Nov 2015 20:37

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

p.s. Keith,

I see your download contains a symmetrical Y-turnout. These are now much easier to do, see:

topic 2768

No need for apologies, that's what Templot Club is here for. :)

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > Problem with 3D dxf file in Sketchup Pro 2015
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020