author remove search highlighting

posted: 10 Mar 2016 13:50

Charles Orr

Leicester - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I've suddenly started getting two email posts for each message from the Yahoo email group.

They are identical except that one has all links enabled and the other has all links disabled.

I'm not aware of having made any changes.

Any idea why?

Best regards
Charles

posted: 10 Mar 2016 14:16

John Shelley

St Ciers Sur Gironde 33820 - France

Charles Orr wrote:
Hi Martin,

I've suddenly started getting two email posts for each message from the Yahoo email group.

They are identical except that one has all links enabled and the other has all links disabled.

I'm not aware of having made any changes.

Any idea why?

Best regards
Charles
I had something similar a while back and found out that I was getting one e-mail mesage direct from Templot Club and also one via the Templot Yahoo Group.  Setting one of them to no e-mail "cured" the problem.  I chose to retain the direct from Templot Club, resetting the Yahoo group to no e-mails, which i think is what it should have been.  As to why one option had suddenly changed, I just put it down to one of things one gets when using computers.  8-)

John
from 33820 St Ciers sur Gironde, France

posted: 10 Mar 2016 15:15

Charles Orr

Hi John,

Thanks for that. 

I've made some adjustments.

I'll see what happens.

Best regards

Charles

posted: 10 Mar 2016 15:17

Charles Orr

That has sorted my problem.  :D :D

Sometimes I think Yahoo just change things without telling anybody  :? :?.

posted: 10 Mar 2016 15:54

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Charles Orr wrote:
Any idea why?
Hi Charles,

Sorry, I have no idea. I haven't seen the same myself.

Unfortunately email from YahooGroups has always been a mess. Inconsistent and unreliable, and sometimes delayed for days. It was one of the reasons we swapped Templot Club to a web forum in 2007 (is it really 9 years ago?).

A lot probably depends on whether you receive email via a POP email client or use a webmail service or maybe read Yahoo mails on the Yahoo web site?

As John says, if you are still receiving emails via the Templot Yahoo Group it would probably be better to receive them direct from Templot Club instead. To do that, go to:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/my_account.php?watched_forums=1

Tick the boxes you want (all of them, to replicate what you receive via Yahoo), and then click Save at the bottom.

Then go to your YahooGroups account and change it to "No Email" for the Templot Group.

But also make sure that your email address on Templot Club is correct. Go to:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/my_account.php?edit_profile=1

to check. While you are there, you may want to tick the box to allow other members to see your email address. There is no other private messaging option on Templot Club to contact individual members.

The reason we still have the Templot Yahoo Group online is that it provides a backup archive (text only) in the event that the data centre in Columbus where Templot Club is hosted suffers a major disaster.

But mainly because YahooGroups do actually provide the best Search functions for the Templot Club content, going right back to the start in 2000, with the results returned in chronological order, forward or back.

To use the Yahoo search, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/templot/conversations/messages?expand=1

Enter your search terms in the box at the top of the page and make an initial search. When the results appear, you also get access to the Advanced Search button which allows you to filter the results by date, author, etc., with include/exclude options.

In the list of results, click the one you want, and you can then click the View Message button on it. You will then see it in a format with a clickable link back to the relevant topic on the Templot Club forum. From which you can then make a reply.

Please don't attempt to post a message to Templot Club via the YahooGroup or by email. It won't work. You can post messages to Templot Club only when you are actually on the Templot Club web site, which is at:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/

regards,

Martin.

posted: 10 Mar 2016 17:12

Charles Orr

Hi Martin,

Yes I still use the Yahoo forum to search for topics as it is very comprehensive.

I have now solved the problem, but how it arose in the first place is a mystery.

I always received posts from Templot Forum and never from Yahoo.

Best regards

Charles

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Yahoo Posts
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020