author remove search highlighting

posted: 6 Apr 2016 11:47

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi

I used the file viewer (files > file viewer), to browse for some files. I navigated to a folder, and clicked the "show files" button, and the files showed in the file viewer as expected. I then navigated to a different folder, and in this folder was a file or two that was invalid (for some reason - as you might be able to tell, the files are rather old). When I hit the "show files" button, I got the following message:

499_060636_090000000.png499_060636_090000000.png

The mouse cursor was invisible when the mouse entered that window, so I had to guess where it was), when I selected no - cancel reload, I was then presented with:

499_060637_230000000.png499_060637_230000000.png

Again without the mouse cursor when the mouse entered the window, and again I had to guess where to click OK. The file viewer then seemed showed the files correctly (including the ones that it errored on)

I would be useful if the mouse cursor was shown in the error windows in this case.

Attachment: attach_2256_2866_screen1.png     124

posted: 6 Apr 2016 12:40

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Heavens Richard, that is an old file, from Templot version 0.45 (Dec 1999) or earlier. :)

See this ancient web page:

http://templot.com/martweb/gs_version_068.htm

Those old .box files will open ok in Templot2, but Templot will be looking in the same folder for the matching .ixt (information text) file containing the associated info and memo texts. Otherwise you see that error message.

.ixt files were abolished in version 0.48.

You have probably mislaid the .ixt files in moving .box files around over the years.

The only real solution is to open the old files in Templot2, and re-save new .box files.

I will investigate where the mouse cursor has gone. Note that you can answer the questions by pressing the number keys on the keyboard shown on the coloured bars.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 6 Apr 2016 14:09

richard_t

Nr. Spalding, South Holland - United Kingdom

I don't think the files are that old, but they might be. I've not overly bothered by the files, I just thought the missing cursor was odd.

I can upload one of the files here, if you want to take a look at it.

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > File Viewer issue?
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020