topic: 3039Printing issue
author remove search highlighting

posted: 22 Jun 2017 16:18

John-Elliott

Coalville - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
2360_221111_180000000.jpg2360_221111_180000000.jpgAny ideas on this problem. Cannon IP8750 printer. Grid and border print ok but vertical lines on the templates look like inter twined spirals!! I have re calibrated printer and downloaded the latest driver but  to no avail. I have used this printer extensively in the past for templots. Even the vertical lines on the calibration test print come out the same.
Attachment: attach_2454_3039_Templot_Printout_0002.jpg     252
Last edited on 22 Jun 2017 16:21 by John-Elliott
posted: 22 Jun 2017 16:35

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi John,

That's very odd, even the plain black text is affected. I can't recall ever seeing that effect before. :?

When did this start? What changes have you made to the computer and printer recently?

Is this only in Templot? What happens when printing from other programs? What happens if you export a PDF file from Templot and print it using a PDF reader? How does it look on your screen?

What Print Quality (resolution) have you got set on the printer? Try changing to ordinary Standard Letter quality or whatever it is called on your printer.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 22 Jun 2017 16:59

John-Elliott

Thanks for the swift reply Martin. I have tried creating a PDF as you suggested and this appears perfect on screen but produces the same effect when printed. I have now managed to print the same file to another printer with perfect results. It would appear to be a fault with the particular printer but the odd thing is that other stuff prints OK!!

posted: 22 Jun 2017 17:13

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi John,

It does seem to be a faulty printer.

When you say other stuff prints ok, what sort of stuff? Have you tried with other drawing programs which print drawings and graphics, such as Microsoft Paint?

The problem seems to apply only to black items. The coloured text isn't affected.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 22 Jun 2017 18:07

John-Elliott

Martin, I have now tried with other programs and it is the same fault. I have also contacted the tech support at John Lewis where it was purchased from and they have not been able to sort it so I shall be returning it for repair tomorrow. 
Many thanks for your assistance with this and your speedy replies.

Regards John E.

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Printing issue
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020