topic: 3099Background images
author remove search highlighting

posted: 8 Oct 2017 11:55

Tim Lee

London - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I am working with a mac using crossover.
The NLS maps facility is non functional ... presumably because mac doesn't run the correct browser.

I have my track plan background within a cad programme with the NLS 25" map imported as an image and re scaled to the correct size.

I have exported this as a series of jpgs (2100mm x 900mm) at 1:76.2 scale .... so when imported into templot they should come in at the rights size to scale.

The drag and drop function doesn't work. I can import direct from file and it comes in to the background. It won't allow me to rescale (haven't checked if I need to or not). It won't save the image.

I am assuming that I am doing something wrong but can't find any advice which appears to match my symptoms.

Tim

posted: 8 Oct 2017 12:43

Tim Lee

London - United Kingdom

Not to worry .... I have solved this.

Is there a way of stopping the background image disappearing when I pan such that it goes off screen to the left? Is there a way of zooming in close and not losing the background image?

Tim

posted: 8 Oct 2017 12:48

Tim Lee

London - United Kingdom

Not sure what I have done if anything ... but now zooming and panning fine!

posted: 8 Oct 2017 13:06

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

I don't have a Mac, so I can't respond to questions about Mac+CrossOver. No doubt someone else will be able to.

To re-size a picture shape to a known required size, select it in the list and then click the modify shape > re-size... button:

2_080753_180000000.png2_080753_180000000.png

If you don't know the required size, use the mouse action size button and set its size manually. See the settings on the picture options tab for how it remains fixed on the trackpad when you do that -- locking it to the spacing-ring is useful if you first put the ring over a feature which you want to remain fixed in position. To lock it to an existing template, lock it to the notch.

If you pan it off the screen, it will be, er, off the screen. :?

If it disappears when zooming in close, click the convert to 24-bit for deep zooming button (or save and reload the .bgs file, which does the same thing). This may also affect panning on a Mac?

p.s. Maybe you didn't first select it in the list? Simply clicking on it on the trackpad won't work to select it in the list -- when you click on the trackpad Templot looks for background templates, not background shapes. If you switch on the picture shape borders, they will be outlined in red when first selected in the list. After clicking in the list, you can run up and down it on the arrow keys and see each background shape outlined red in turn.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 9 Oct 2017 05:55

Tony McGartland

Omagh - Ireland

I was able to get a copy of the original GNRi Engineers Drawing of our local station here in Omagh, drawn 1inch-40ft. I loaded it into Templet last night on my MacBook and the programme seemed to resize it very accurately. It showed a metric scale of 1:480 which is pretty accurate and when I started to lay some track it fit perfectly.

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > Background images
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020