topic: 3100Templot Won't Connect to Templot Website
author remove search highlighting

posted: 9 Oct 2017 15:13

Mick Ralph

Henfield - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I haven't opened Templot for a while, but I thought that I would load the latest version and try out the new NLS mapping function.

I tried to open Templot, but when it tried to check for the latest version, there was an error message "Sorry, unable to connect to the Templot website.  Please check your internet connect and then try again."

I restarted the computer, but with the same result.  I then manually downloaded and installed version 2.15.d, but with the same result.  This was on the laptop running Windows 10 home 64-bit version.

I then tried to open Templot 2.13.a on the desktop computer, also running Windows 10 home 64-bit version, but get the same result.

The internet connection is fine - I have restarted the router.  Any ideas?

Mick Ralph

posted: 9 Oct 2017 16:14

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Mick,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

The first thing to try would be to right-click on the Templot icon and Run as administrator.

The general rule is that I do Templot only, I can't help with Windows problems -- see my recent posts about this. Hopefully someone else will be able to help. To mid-day today there have been 416 downloads of version 215d and no-one else is reporting any similar problems.

However, a I have a simple rule -- it is *always* a problem with 3rd-party anti-virus programs. Why folks use these instead of the one provided (free) by Microsoft is a bit of a mystery.

What have you changed on your system since you last used Templot successfully? Because Templot hasn't changed.

You may have changed something in the Windows Firewall or network settings. The Firewall normally allows outbound connections from any program unless set otherwise. You may have something blocking templot_2.exe

This web page has some info on the Windows Firewall settings:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/adjust-windows-10-firewall-settings/

Or you may be using an anti-virus program which installs its own firewall? In which case you would need to refer to the relevant docs. The object of the exercise is to allow the program
templot_2.exe to connect to the internet.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 9 Oct 2017 22:38

Mick Ralph

Henfield - United Kingdom

Thanks Martin. I am sorry that you have had to spend your valuable time on this - I very much appreciate that you can't help on Windows issues.

I use BT Infinity broadband and that installs McAfee protection, including a firewall and email protection. I have also recently installed a gambling websites blocking program. It may well be that one of these is creating the problem, though I cannot at present see what and how the access to the Templot website is being blocked.

I will continue looking to see what is happening. Fortunately, it was for interest only at the moment that I was looking at Templot.

Mick

Templot Club > Forums > I found a flaw > Templot Won't Connect to Templot Website
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020