Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 3195The minor inaccuracies message in Templot
author remove search highlighting

posted: 25 Jan 2018 20:38

madscientist

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I notice now and again , especially when I create transitions curves, I sometimes get the minor inaccuracy message box in Templot. The errors are of course minor and immaterial in the main , but  is there any logic to what is causing the issue ?
I did see one case where I was shortening the control ( with the peg tools ) such that it ended up just inside the transition, but usually Templot warns you that the ends dont meet in that circumstance 

dave

( sick in bed so asking daft questions ) 

posted: 25 Jan 2018 20:56

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

madscientist wrote:
I notice now and again, especially when I create transitions curves, I sometimes get the minor inaccuracy message box in Templot. The errors are of course minor and immaterial in the main , but  is there any logic to what is causing the issue ?
Hi Dave,

If both the control template alignment and the destination were derived from the same original, you shouldn't see any errors.

The transition curve calculations use a lower level of precision than the others (otherwise they would be very slow), so if you have been swapping to and fro between fixed radius curves and transitions it is possible that some discrepancies have built up.

If you enter dimensions manually based on what you see in the info panel, there may be some rounding errors. Most of the dimensions showing are rounded to 2 decimal places, so if you then enter that figure for the next template (a radius, say), there might be a discrepancy of up to 0.005mm between the two.

If you come across a discrepancy which you can't explain, please post the box file here so that I can have a look at it. It's always possible that you have found a bug. :?

Hope you are feeling better soon.

regards,

Martin.

posted: 25 Jan 2018 21:00

madscientist

thanks , Martin , I'll try and record some sequences that generate the message , I have a raft of new layouts to design in the coming weeks and the only software I trust is Templot

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > The minor inaccuracies message in Templot
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020