click here for a list of all existing Templot documentation
Important Privacy Information cookie information pre-print options:    

click image to open Templot Club in a new tab
Templot club top logo
looking for Templot? - (free)

you are not logged in  - Login | Join

receive all messages by email: info

Recent Topics
Front Page  Search  Image Gallery  Gallery Upload  My Account  Members  Open Source  TemplotMEC  Help  
make a donation  
please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors Templot Companion - User Guide
            messages archive on Yahoo
page trail:  Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
Templot web site

Fresh air and photos
  Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page      
 Start new topic   Reply blank   Printer friendly 
  Rate this topic  
AuthorMessage
 Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
321st message | this message only posted: 6 Oct 2018 23:47
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank 
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin Wynne wrote:Should I be posting this stuff on a serious photography forum somewhere? :)

cheers,

Martin.
Martin,
You may find it hard to pick a suitable forum to post it on. People seem more interested in lens resolution and sensor pixel counts than the practical aspects you work so well at :)

I still have my original X100 from when they first came out and it still works as well as it did back then. More often than not I walk with the Nikon DSLR because I really like using the old classic manual focus lenses. Usually I take one on the camera and one in a pocket or waist pouch, a 35 and 105mm or 28mm and 85mm work well as pairs. I also like the old 35-105 manual focus zoom that came out in the early 80's and with that I can put sweets in the pouch and not have to worry about getting dust on the sensor changing lenses. Bear in mind the focal lengths are as per film days on a full frame digital body, this was a big step forward when the D700/D3 became the first bodies with a 36x24mm sensor.

Just purchased a Nikon 18-35mm (modern ! ) lens that looks very promising although not been out with it yet. Raise the camera to your eye with the lens set at 35mm and then zoom out and the view is amazing. It takes 77mm filters ( ouch ) although my pro filter system can cope with this size and I have graduated ND filters that are good for landscapes.

Do you check the sizes of jam and pickle lids when you do the shopping ? Round where I live the security would be carting you away if you started taking a ruler or calipers out of your pocket.......

Rob

P.S. Surprised you saw the rugby match.....according to the Tenbury RUFC site the kick off was 03:00 :roll: - still no result details.

Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
322nd message | this message only posted: 7 Oct 2018 17:24
Martin Wynne
West Of The Severn, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Please do not send requests for help direct to me via email or PM.

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Hi Rob,

Tenbury 66  Stourport 3.

I did think the local spectators seemed to be in a good mood. :)

Yes, I found it difficult to find a photography forum which I liked. There must be one somewhere. I do have an unused licence for a forum+gallery, so I suppose I could start one (if I had nothing else to do on my computer  :) ).

I would also have liked manual focusing to mean exactly that, rather than motor driven. An optical coupled rangefinder would have been the icing on the cake. There is a digital rangefinder on the electronic viewfinder, but it doesn't compare with the yellow split image on the old Konica, and it's not available in the brilliant optical viewfinder (which I use most of the time). On the other hand, the auto focusing is so good, I don't have much need for manual focusing.

Moving from the grocers to the ironmongers, here's another handy X100F accessory. This gadget started life as one of these:

https://kentandstowe.com/Our-Products/Weeding/Stainless-Steel-Hand-Loop-Weeder

However as I intend no harm to any weed, I quickly disarmed it and put it to a better use. If any weed does turn nasty, I could quickly reassemble it. :)

Any bit of wood dowel or broom handle off-cut would do just as well, of course.

The international screw thread standard for camera tripod sockets is 1/4" Whitworth, which was invented by Sir Joseph Whitworth in 1841. Fuji's toolmakers must scratch their heads.

What that means is that it's easy to make handy attachments for any camera:

The combined wood screw+1/4W studs are handy things to use (mostly found in furniture fittings) -- if your local ironmonger is long gone, try ebay. Actually this Ash wood handle is so dense it could probably be tapped 1/4W for ordinary studding. The 1/4" penny washers ("repair washers" for canvas, etc.) and 1/4W wing nuts are easy to find in most DIY places.

(Take care when screwing into the camera socket not to force it too far. Back off half a turn, and use a wing nut to clamp it tight.)

Now with a solid handle on it, I can hold the X100F firm with one hand, leaving the other hand free to access and operate all the controls and menus.

But more than that, I can lift the camera high to see over a hedge, or through a fence, or hold it down low to avoid having to lie flat on the ground for ground-level shots. It doesn't seem to mind being upside down. A longer broom handle would allow even more inaccessible shots of course, but it wouldn't fit in my rucksack.

When using the handle at arm's length, the X100F has a great remote control app (free) for mobile phones and tablets -- you can see the image on the phone, change the camera settings if needed, and take the shot. This is much more versatile than an articulated rear screen (the X100F has a fixed screen).

I was prompted to make this by having far too many shots taken from 5ft-6in above the ground.

cheers,

Martin.

323rd message | this message only posted: 7 Oct 2018 18:23
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I take it Stourport aren't in good form then, either that or Tenbury are good stuff.

I love your inventive streak with the grip stick. Many camera makers used to make add-on grips to ease handling, often for medium format models such as Mamiya and Hasselblad that were a bit of a handful when taken out of their natural tripod habitat. Using the camera upside down makes a lot of sense even without a grip - no messy nose grease on the screen and you gain a few extra inches of height. The optical finder on the Fuji models is a delight and the main feature that made me buy one all those years ago. If you want a proper spli-image focussing aid you will just have to save up for a Leica - M8 for a smaller cropped sensor or the M9/M10/M240 for a full frame view. Once you have the body you can then start saving up again for some lenses :D

Have you seen the gorilla pod mini tripod/supports ? Handy to secure the camera to a tree branch or whatever. Used with a self timer you could even get yourself in the shot leaning on the gate with your Barbour jacket and pipe :roll:

Rob

324th message | this message only posted: 7 Oct 2018 19:20
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Hi Rob,

I do have a couple of mini-tripods, a collection of ball & socket joints, and a spare tripod head:

But I don't have anything which could be clipped to a signpost or gate. I was thinking to make another wooden holder with grooves to allow it to be cable-tied to such places.

The Gorilla pod looks ingenious, I will think about that instead.

I will also think about a Leica as a backup for the X100F. :)

But I do need to leave space in my rucksack for my sandwiches, flask of soup, water, GPS, binoculars, string, tape measure, notebook, torch, emergency whistle, and Elastoplast. :)

Martin.

325th message | this message only posted: 7 Oct 2018 21:23
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin,

As for the rucksack inventory I would add in some insect/bee/wasp sting cream or spray and some anti-histamine tablets. You may never need them but you will be glad you packed them if you do. A spare £20 note tucked away can be useful for the day you forget your wallet - learnt that one the hard way some years ago :?

I saw a chap with one of these recently and may get one. You can reverse the hood on dull days to save space ( or for storage ).

Rob

326th message | this message only posted: 8 Oct 2018 02:27
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

I've mentioned before that looking back through old photos often turns up something worth a second look. This was 15th December 2001.

Martin.

327th message | this message only posted: 9 Oct 2018 03:58
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Hi Rob,

What can you tell me about the Fuji Instax credit-card-size printer?

Is it possible to write on the back of the prints, or are they on some kind of plastic film?

Sometimes it would be handy when out and about to make notes on the back of an instant print.

Also sometimes when taking pics I have offered to send someone a copy of a picture, which means making a note of name and address or email address or whatever (and remembering about it when I get back). Giving them an instant print would be a good way to say thanks even if it is only the size of a credit card.

I know the prints are expensive, but I wouldn't be using it very often. Does the print film have a use-by date?

cheers,

Martin. 

328th message | this message only posted: 9 Oct 2018 11:56
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I haven't used ( or even seen one in the flesh ) but mobile printers are quite popular I understand. The main issue with the Fuji seems to be the cost-per-print based on buying the paper packs. Many of the others seem quite a bit cheaper - guess it depends how many shots you are going to print. Then again if it is only a few the capital expenditure cost per print is going to be high. I think I saw that the paper does have a use-by-date like Polaroid packs used to have.

This HP one seems popular - here

A summary of some options - here

Some of them have paper with a peel off back and some you can write on them but not sure if the Fuji is one of those. You can always have a pack of those little sticky labels to pop on the back and write on.

Not sure if the Fuji one would be an advantage as you use one of their cameras. As it has Wifi it shouldn't be any different than the other brands for connection.

Rob

329th message | this message only posted: 10 Oct 2018 22:20
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

It was a fine day today, but I didn't feel up to a long walk two days in a row, so I took myself down the road to Witley Court instead, for the first time in several years.

60 years ago the ruins were a playground for us local boys. The house had burnt down in 1937 and been left to rot. 20 years later the house was utterly derelict, the gardens were completely overgrown, the fountains smashed, and a couple of strands of barbed wire weren't going to keep us out. I do remember "Do Not Throw Stones At This Notice". :) The former kitchens were a maze of damp basements and stairways, where the smell of burning still hung in the air even after so many years.

Nowadays the place has been utterly transformed by English Heritage, and has become one of the leading visitor attractions in Worcestershire. Those damp basements are all fenced off, and replaced with neat information boards.

There are thousands of photos out there, so there didn't seem to be any reason for me to take yet more. But when you have a camera with you...

I like this one -- I can still see the barbed wire and my bike in the hedge: :)

Martin. 

330th message | this message only posted: 11 Oct 2018 16:50
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Rob Manchester wrote: A summary of some options - here

Some of them have paper with a peel off back and some you can write on them but not sure if the Fuji is one of those. You can always have a pack of those little sticky labels to pop on the back and write on.

Not sure if the Fuji one would be an advantage as you use one of their cameras. As it has Wifi it shouldn't be any different than the other brands for connection.
Hi Rob,

Thanks. It's difficult to compare so many different sizes and technologies. Some are clearly portable (inkjets) rather than pocketable printers. The latter seem to be mostly monochrome on thermal paper, whereas the Fuji Instax uses the old colour polaroid photochemical process.

I know the Instax will connect because the X100F has a "Send to Instax" option in the menus. Other makes might involve transferring pics to my mobile phone first, which would be far too much hassle.

As usual, the published info never includes what I need to know. For example does the Instax have some slots or clips which would allow me to fix it to the side of my rucksack, or to the strap? Can it eject a print when so fixed? If not, no doubt I could find some safe way to self-tap into it to make a fixing.

It's an expensive toy, and I'm still in two minds about it. I'm trying to ignore all those reviews along the lines of "this is one of those gadgets you didn't know you would ever want -- until you've got one, after which you will never go out without it". :)

cheers,

Martin.

331st message | this message only posted: 11 Oct 2018 18:58
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin,

You could get some wide velco hook and loop material, such as THIS . Stick one part to the printer and sew the other half to the rucksack.

Or maybe epoxy a pair of metal loop brackets to the printer and use a cord on the rucksack threaded through them. I was thinking the kind of brackets used in shops with the scurity alarm fed through them.

Rob

332nd message | this message only posted: 11 Oct 2018 19:28
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Martin Wynne wrote:

(Take care when screwing into the camera socket not to force it too far. Back off half a turn, and use a wing nut to clamp it tight.)

Now with a solid handle on it, I can hold the X100F firm with one hand, leaving the other hand free to access and operate all the controls and menus.

But more than that, I can lift the camera high to see over a hedge, or through a fence, or hold it down low to avoid having to lie flat on the ground for ground-level shots. It doesn't seem to mind being upside down.
A warning.

I have found that the tripod socket on my X100F is not tapped exactly square to the camera baseplate. Others may be the same.

It's only a thou or two out, but it means that when clamping a penny washer tight against it with a stud and wing nut, the camera base is being flexed slightly.

Despite looking like a pressing, the base is in fact an alloy casting. Which looks more stylish, but is far less durable than a pressing would have been.

Looking closely, I can already see some stress cracking around the socket:

Which is disappointing, and means I'm going to be a bit nervous when using any tripod fixings in future. Cracks in castings can only get worse with repeated stress. Unlike a pressing, a section of the casting could break away entirely, possibly taking the socket with it. :(

In future I shall take the precaution of using a rubber washer under any clamps, and tether the camera to the holder with a short cord, just in case the worst happens.

Fortunately the base casting is only a cover, rather than part of the camera chassis, so if the worst does happen I can remove it and probably make a repair:

photo Creative Commons BY-NC-SA © Christian Johansen

See: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fujifilm+X100T+Disassembly/55681

It's worrying because there are several attachments which use the tripod socket, such as belt straps which use a socket plate fixing, which even come with an allen key for tightening.

Talking of such things, this bit of Chinese plastic has arrived from eBay for a fiver:

As a pistol grip it's distinctly flimsy compared to my home-made handle. On the other hand it's very lightweight and fits in my pocket when I'm out without my rucksack.

Also, the handle section folds out to make a simple non-adjustable mini-tripod:

cheers,

Martin.

333rd message | this message only posted: 11 Oct 2018 19:29
Nigel Brown

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Rugby - can't stand the game! Forget the "character forming". In North Wales played soccer, a game for those with skill and a bit of intelligence. Moved to Stroud and the school was fanatical about rugby. It's as much the attitude as the game itself I can't stand. Nearly broke my neck when a scrum collapsed. A group of us rebelled and were allowed to do gym instead. Ugh!

Strange Fuji lens caps being so useless. The one on my X-E2S was.

Used to use a nice Yashica rangefinder, but moved to SLRs simply because for landscapes I appreciated the flexibility of a zoom lens. A Nikon F601 wasn't too heavy and did me for many years, before I went digital.

334th message | this message only posted: 12 Oct 2018 01:06
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

I glue a piece of thin cork sheet on the base-plate of tripods if they don't already have a rubber insert. The cork provides a nice amount of friction without torquing the screw too much, and it protects the camera base.

Andy

335th message | this message only posted: 14 Oct 2018 14:36
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

10 minutes of wonderful high-quality drone footage over the Peak District:

https://www.facebook.com/richard.bowring/videos/10214796602563409/

If you have decent broadband set to full-screen and HD 1080p or 1440p.

Thanks to RMweb for the link.

Martin.

336th message | this message only posted: 14 Oct 2018 22:00
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin,

Thanks for posting the video link, very nice footage. My favorite is Magpie Mine, probably the best preserved lead mine in the UK. A small narrow gauge layout would suit it just fine :D. It is on my NOD* list.......

* = Nice one day !

Rob

337th message | this message only posted: 16 Oct 2018 05:15
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
A touch of Fall. There are quite a lot of hard-wood trees in the undergrowth.

338th message | this message only posted: 19 Oct 2018 22:52
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Walking on Brimfield Hill this afternoon, after a misty morning.

Martin.

339th message | this message only posted: 19 Oct 2018 23:00
Trevor Walling
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello,
       If those trees in the second picture had eyes what things they would have seen over the years.
Regards.
:)

340th message | this message only posted: 19 Oct 2018 23:49
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Trevor Walling wrote: If those trees in the second picture had eyes what things they would have seen over the years.Hi Trevor,

What are you on tonight? Can I have some?

What do you know has happened under those trees which I don't? :)

It's pleasing that the farmer has left a proper field-edge path -- as he is legally required to do where there is a public right of way (minimum 1.5 metres uncultivated and unobstructed). Which was not the case in the previous field where I had no choice but to walk on the crops.

cheers,

Martin.

341st message | this message only posted: 20 Oct 2018 14:07
Nigel Brown

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Recently returned from a trip to Scotland, based on Glencoe. Very wet and windy weather, with just the one fine period. Fled south when the forecast turned to serious storms. Here are a few snaps.

The fine spell: The River Shira above Victoria Bridge, near Bridge of Orchy

Tulloch Station in the rain

A tree in a gale, Loch Arkaig

342nd message | this message only posted: 21 Oct 2018 20:52
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Walking around Deblin's Green this afternoon. Unfortunately the sun didn't last long:

Martin.

343rd message | this message only posted: 22 Oct 2018 06:12
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Nigel Brown wrote: Recently returned from a trip to Scotland, based on Glencoe. Very wet and windy weather, with just the one fine period. Fled south when the forecast turned to serious storms. Here are a few snaps.

Tulloch Station in the rain

Looks like good camping weather. You can't beat a nice bit of Scotch mist.

344th message | this message only posted: 22 Oct 2018 06:22
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
I thought I better capture some of the foliage before it all falls off. The streets in our local town are mostly lined with trees. This one is particularly impressive. Sorry about the flaring.

Nikon Coolpix P600

345th message | this message only posted: 22 Oct 2018 18:53
Trevor Walling
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Andrew Barrowman wrote: Nigel Brown wrote: Recently returned from a trip to Scotland, based on Glencoe. Very wet and windy weather, with just the one fine period. Fled south when the forecast turned to serious storms. Here are a few snaps.

Looks like good camping weather. You can't beat a nice bit of Scotch mist.
Hello,
        At least with gales the mosquito's go away :)

346th message | this message only posted: 22 Oct 2018 19:55
Nigel Brown

view images in gallery
view images as slides
No midges! Except hints of them when dusk was falling, if it wasn't actually raining. No midges on my trip at the end of June either; the heat wave had killed them all off. But loads of horseflies/cleggs, made walking a misery.

347th message | this message only posted: 22 Oct 2018 22:03
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

A rare excursion east of the Severn today -- I walked up to Kemerton Camp hillfort on Bredon Hill. It's many years since I was last up there.

More info: http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=5111

A stand of pines on high ground is thought to be a way marker for the old drove roads. Although I can't imagine anyone driving animals over the top of Bredon Hill when it's just as easy to go round it. :)  

Martin.

348th message | this message only posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:19
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
What a superb drystane dyke Martin. I'd like to take a shot at building one myself. We have lots of rock here but it's a bit too "new". Nothing but basalt cobbles and boulders.

349th message | this message only posted: 23 Oct 2018 14:36
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Thanks Andy. A few more from yesterday.

This is known locally as the "Elephant Stone" although in order to see it as an elephant it is necessary to first visit the local pub.

The tower is known as Parsons Folly, built on the ramparts of the hillfort by the local squire John Parsons in the 18th century. As towers go it is not very high. Its main purpose was to get the height of Bredon Hill to the 1000ft mark. At which point he stopped building.

It is now leased to Vodafone and covered in mobile phone aerials.

Martin.

350th message | this message only posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:09
Andrew Duncan
Reigate, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hello Martin, Nigel and Andy
You’ve taken some really terrific photos here, very atmospheric and in the case of the English coountryside and the Scottish wilds very nostalgic for me.
Thank you
Andrew

351st message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 02:19
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Andrew Duncan wrote: Hello Martin, Nigel and Andy
You’ve taken some really terrific photos here, very atmospheric and in the case of the English coountryside and the Scottish wilds very nostalgic for me.
Thank you
Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

It's been suggested to me that I should create a web presence of some sort for my photos.

So I've been playing with the AV software which is popular in the camera clubs to create a video slideshow from about 100 of my pics. This is my first stab at this sort of thing -- almost certainly I have overdone the effects:

http://85a.uk/photos/

It's a video, so you can click it to stop/start it, drag the slider, etc. If it doesn't fit your screen, try pressing F11 in your browser.

The black & white images are from the late 1960s and 1970s.

I need to find some better music if I'm going to do any more of this. Also re-work my originals down to 1920x1080 instead of the assorted 1280 wide versions there -- a mish-mash of sizes doesn't work too well in a slideshow.

cheers,

Martin.

352nd message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 14:02
Phil O
Plymouth, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin

Some lovely photos, there. Any idea what the wheel was for on the lock scene?

Phil

353rd message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 14:14
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Phil O wrote: Martin

Some lovely photos, there. Any idea what the wheel was for on the lock scene?
Hi Phil

Thanks.

It's the Buck patent horizontal paddle, used (as far as I know) only on the Montgomery Canal:

cheers,

Martin.

354th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 17:46
Phil O
Plymouth, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Thanks Martin,

Never seen that before.

Phil

355th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 19:12
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

The style of music is fine, reminds me of this which I may have posted before. Some lovely shots in there. My favorite is the open shock wagon and signal box. Nice to see the Buxton shot with the Reliant Scimitar and the classic Saab. Think you posted it before but remind me where the one after Buxton was shot. Wooden spoon goes to the roundabout pic.

Personally I think the fade from picture to picture would be better if it was the same each time. Not knowing which way the next is going to appear is distracting to me.

Rob

356th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 22:19
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Thanks Rob.

The one after the Buxton pic is at Clee Hill Top in 1969. It was posted before, with map, at:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?id=3228&forum_id=5&page=4#p24406

Here is another Buxton pic, I can't remember if I ever posted it:

I agree about too many different transition effects. I was trying different ones to see which I prefer.

That video was just a quick try-out of the AV software. Next time I will be more selective in the photos, add some captions, keep the transitions simple, and find some better music (royalty-free).

What size screen are you viewing it on? At what dpi? it's a battle of wits with the page script to keep it displayed dot-for-dot on all desktop screens, while still shrinking on mobiles.

cheers,

Martin.

357th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 22:46
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Hi Phil,

A couple more shots of the Buck gear at Belan locks (28th June 2015).

With dinky-toy tractor on bridge:

cheers,

Martin.

358th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 23:29
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the extra Buxton pic, don't remember it. Two Hillman Minx's and a Hillman Hunteron the front row, you could have waited for a Rapier to replace the Mini :)

Yes, I do rember the Clee Hill pic, sorry. I remember marvelling at the quarry lines on the map you posted.

My screen is 27" running 1920x1080. Being old fashioned ( and just plain old ) I though mobiles were just for making phone calls on.......

The tractor at Belan is a ( Massey ) Ferguson 35. Tractor colour is always usually a good starter point for identification of the brands - not sure who decided on which company got which colours. No roll over protection or safety cabs in those days, an upside down tractor lying on a crushed driver was quite a frequent event. Your pic was at Lime Kilns Lane I think, not been up there for a couple of years. It has made it as far as Google Maps.

Thanks for the info.

Rob

359th message | this message only posted: 6 Nov 2018 23:55
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Thanks Rob.

Yes, that's the location.

Here's Belan Bottom Lock from the bridge, 5 years after Google:

Swing the camera round in Google to compare.

cheers,

Martin.

360th message | this message only posted: 7 Nov 2018 06:52
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Rob Manchester wrote: Yes, I do remember the Clee Hill pic, sorry. I remember marvelling at the quarry lines on the map you posted.Hi Rob,

Looking at the map again:

I think I've got the camera position wrong. Those two brick outhouses are in fact marked on the map, which means I was a bit further west, close to the road. From where I put the red X the rear wall of the cottages on the left would have been visible.

No-one picked that up. Come on folks, pay attention. I don't want to feel that I can post any old rubbish on here and get away with it. :)

© Google.

Google's view 40 years later in 2009.

Martin.

This is topic ID = 3228     Page created at 17:48 (local time) Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page    
You can type a quick reply to this topic here.

Click in the box to begin.

But to reply to an individual message, or to include images, attachments and formatted text, use the reply buttons on each message above.

To start a new topic in this forum, click the Start new topic button below.
To start a new topic in a different forum, click the Forum Jump drop-down list below.

Start new topic 

click to jump to a different forum:     Back to top of page

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2018