click here for a list of all existing Templot documentation
Important Privacy Information cookie information pre-print options:    

click image to open Templot Club in a new tab             Search           remove page highlighting
Templot club top logo
    looking for help? -                         enjoy using Templot? -
looking for Templot? - (free)

you are not logged in  - Login | Join

receive all messages by email: info

Recent Topics
Front Page  Search  Image Gallery  Gallery Upload  My Account  Members  Open Source  TemplotMEC  Help  
make a donation  
please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors Templot Companion - User Guide
            messages archive on Yahoo
page trail:  Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
Templot web site

Fresh air and photos
  Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11       
 Start new topic   Reply blank   Printer friendly 
  Rate this topic  
AuthorMessage
 Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
401st message | this message only posted: 22 Mar 2019 22:18
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank 
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Hi Martin,

400 posts so far on this topic, well done :D

Back in the days of film cameras some would have used a perpective control lens to keep the National Trust's posts vertical although you could also do it at the printing stage with a tilting film holder and masking frame. Bit easier these days though.

The care taken in the execution of the dog gate is pleasing. Just hope there aren't any overweight dogs round those parts :?

Rob

Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
402nd message | this message only posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:53
Martin Wynne
West Of The Severn, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Please do not send requests for help direct to me via email or PM.

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Thanks Rob. I remember tilting the masking frame on the enlarger, and fiddling with bits of blu-tack under the negative holder to tilt it back into focus. Never got it to work very well. :(

That one was accepted on RP, see:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?id=3399&forum_id=5&jump_to=26852#p26852

http://img.radioparadise.com/slideshow/720/63023.jpg

It's a shame that after asking for up to 4K resolution, Mike has now taken to resampling them down to 720p, since introducing the mobile App.

cheers,

Martin.

403rd message | this message only posted: 26 Mar 2019 01:05
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
One of my dogs made a new friend at the park today, mine is the one at the bottom :D

Rob

404th message | this message only posted: 21 Apr 2019 22:41
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
A nice day today. Walking around Shrawley this evening:

camera at  SO 80644 65156

camera at  SO 81154 66543

Martin.

405th message | this message only posted: 22 Apr 2019 20:33
Richard_Jones
Heswall, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin Wynne wrote: It was a fine day today, but I didn't feel up to a long walk two days in a row, so I took myself down the road to Witley Court instead, for the first time in several years.If anyone finds themself at Witley Court, don't miss Great Witley Parish church - a veritable hidden baroque gem..... The interior was "snapped up" at a bankrupt sale when the Duke of Chandos lost out in the South Sea bubble - as the building was a "standard Wren design" the interior, including an organ played by one G F Handel, fitted in the new location.....

406th message | this message only posted: 22 Apr 2019 22:11
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Richard_Jones wrote:If anyone finds themself at Witley Court, don't miss Great Witley Parish church - a veritable hidden baroque gem..... The interior was "snapped up" at a bankrupt sale when the Duke of Chandos lost out in the South Sea bubble - as the building was a "standard Wren design" the interior, including an organ played by one G F Handel, fitted in the new location.....
Thanks Richard.

Note also that the church is alongside but not part of the English Heritage/Witley Court attraction, so there is no admission charge, and the garden tearoom is a non-profit in aid of church funds:

https://www.witleytearooms.co.uk

cheers,

Martin.

407th message | this message only posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:44
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Agricultural geometry.

camera at SO 78388 68134

Yellow evening with village school.

camera at SO 78622 68036

Rapeseed must be a profitable cash-crop judging by the way this part of the world turns yellow at this time of year. Is this lot going into margarine, or biodiesel?

Martin.

408th message | this message only posted: 30 Apr 2019 17:29
Phil O
Plymouth, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin,

It's not just in your neck of the woods that goes yellow, a fair bit of Devon does too!

Phil.

409th message | this message only posted: 1 May 2019 09:14
richard_t
Nr. Spalding, South Holland, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
The yellow was a bit different our way in late February:

And Pepper enjoying what he likes best:

410th message | this message only posted: 1 May 2019 14:52
Jim Guthrie
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Around my way it's meadow buttercups on Chpping Sodbury Common. On the better grass land they are out now in patches with dandelions. But I wait for one large area of poor scrubland which doesn't get grazed by the cattle on the common. There the meadow buttercups can grow to 12" - 15" and on a good year the area is transformed into a sea of yellow in June. The last good year was three years ago and I hope that this year might be one again.

Jim.

411th message | this message only posted: 3 May 2019 21:40
Jim Guthrie
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Whilst looking for some other pictures this morning I came across pictures of the meadow buttercups which I had forgotten I had taken.

The area is about one mile north of Chipping Sodbury - the upper picture is facing due north-ish towards the Cotswold scarp and the lower facing due south-ish towards Sodbury and Yate.   Here's a link to the area in Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chipping+Sodbury,+Bristol/@51.5550022,-2.3810422,333m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48719dad2999bb5d:0x50d8b23d4978e10!8m2!3d51.5351659!4d-2.3909379

Jim.

412th message | this message only posted: 4 May 2019 22:05
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Walking at Berrington Green this afternoon. It was chillier than it looks -- a flask of soup would have been welcome. :)

camera at SO 57532 65740

camera at SO 57612 66526

One for Radio Paradise:

camera at SO 57664 65579

Martin.

413th message | this message only posted: 12 May 2019 05:10
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

The BBC are saying we need rain, but not here. :)

My walk around Astley yesterday was very muddy.

camera at SO 78840 66435

camera at SO 80840 67132

camera at SO 78823 66397

Martin.

414th message | this message only posted: 12 May 2019 22:57
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

My legs said they didn't want a long walk two days in a row, so today I took myself to Arley station on the SVR and sat in the sunshine in the picnic garden to eat my lunch. It's a beautifully kept station:

I know that signal well. 57 years ago I visited Arley station on my bike. That was at the end of BR days, when the station was semi-derelict. Traffic on the line was down to a bare minimum, although the coal trains from Alveley Colliery continued for a few more years. After poking about in the yard, I climbed that signal -- as any self-respecting 14-year-old boy would do. The station seemed to be deserted, so I was a bit surprised when a formidable woman appeared from the station house and gave me a good telling off. :)

Nowadays kids playing on the railway line is treated far more seriously. I suppose it's progress.

Years later James Boyd explained to me that climbing a signal perfectly illustrated the difference between Britain and Ireland. In Britain you got a telling off for trespassing, in Ireland you got a telling off because the post wasn't safe.

Martin.

415th message | this message only posted: 13 May 2019 07:40
Phil O
Plymouth, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Arley is my favourite station on the SVR,Martin thanks for the photos.

Phil.

416th message | this message only posted: 13 May 2019 11:42
Nigel Brown

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Looks like a model railway, even down to the correct colours of the station furniture, and the bridge disguising the exit to the fiddle yard!

Was at the site of another station on Friday, Strata Florida, where the line out over Tregaron Bog is now part of the Ystwyth Trail.

Nigel

417th message | this message only posted: 13 May 2019 23:21
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Bewdley North Box in evening sun:

camera at: SO 79131 75360

Martin.

418th message | this message only posted: 29 May 2019 11:58
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

More reaching for the sky in Bewdley.

camera at SO 78583 75429 looking NE

Martin.

419th message | this message only posted: 8 Jun 2019 04:15
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Bewdley South's Down Distant in the sunshine yesterday. The red sheen on the fields is a sea of poppies:

camera at SO 80817 74616 looking SE

Looking back at the signal just visible in the distance:

camera at SO 80406 73995 looking NE

Martin.

420th message | this message only posted: 9 Jun 2019 23:43
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Broken chain.

camera at SO 43054 83588 looking E

Martin.

421st message | this message only posted: 10 Jun 2019 00:02
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Stanford-on-Teme

camera at SO 70239 65734 looking NE

Martin.

422nd message | this message only posted: 29 Jun 2019 22:35
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Walking on Clee Liberty earlier this week. The sunshine was a bit hazy for most of the day, but the visibility improved in the evening.

In the distance, those blue remembered hills:

camera at SO 57498 84229 looking NW

Titterstone Clee from Nordy Bank hill fort. Lots of green. I like green, it's good for the brain:

camera at SO 57499 84649 looking S

Martin.

This is topic ID = 3228     Page created at 03:04 (local time) Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11     
You can type a quick reply to this topic here.

Click in the box to begin.

But to reply to an individual message, or to include images, attachments and formatted text, use the reply buttons on each message above.

To start a new topic in this forum, click the Start new topic button below.
To start a new topic in a different forum, click the Forum Jump drop-down list below.

Start new topic 

click to jump to a different forum:     Back to top of page

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2019