click here for a list of all existing Templot documentation
Important Privacy Information cookie information pre-print options:    

click image to open Templot Club in a new tab
Templot club top logo
looking for Templot? - (free)

you are not logged in  - Login | Join

receive all messages by email: info

Recent Topics
Front Page  Search  Image Gallery  Gallery Upload  My Account  Members  Open Source  TemplotMEC  Help  
make a donation  
please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors Templot Companion - User Guide
            messages archive on Yahoo
page trail:  Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
Templot web site

Fresh air and photos
  Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8       
 Start new topic   Reply blank   Printer friendly 
  Rate this topic  
AuthorMessage
 Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
281st message | this message only posted: 30 Aug 2018 14:22
 PM  Reply with quote  Reply blank 
Martin Wynne
West Of The Severn, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Please do not send requests for help direct to me via email or PM.

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Summer on the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal:

Martin.

Clicked a link? Wrong message? Wait until the page has finished loading, click in the address bar and then press the Enter key. This is a timing bug in some browsers.
282nd message | this message only posted: 30 Aug 2018 17:52
DaveJ61
Northampton, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
This is another of my favourite modes of transport. Time to relax and take things at a slower pace. Great photo Martin.

Dave

283rd message | this message only posted: 30 Aug 2018 21:56
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Post your questions on the forum where everyone can see them and add helpful replies.
Thanks Dave.

This evening's walk around Hartlebury. First signs of autumn colours, although it seems very early in the year for them.

After the recent horsey discussion, I liked this:

It breaks the composition rules, the horses should be facing into the picture, not out of it. But the sunshine was very fleeting, so I had no choice.

I liked this too:

But I'm not sure if anyone else will. Often when I show my pictures to others the response is "what did you take that for?" :)

Fortunately the car driver had the sense to park in almost exactly the right position, and facing outwards. 6ft further to the left of the picture would have been even better, but you can't have everything. I sometimes try photoshopping such things, but it rarely works convincingly. Any more cars would have spoilt the whole thing. 

Martin.

284th message | this message only posted: 31 Aug 2018 09:31
Andrew Ockwell
Chichester, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Sunrise 13 years ago yesterday!

285th message | this message only posted: 31 Aug 2018 15:59
DaveJ61

view images in gallery
view images as slides
That is a great photo. I love the way that you have caught the horses in the mist with the foliage giving a sense of depth and perspective.

Dave

286th message | this message only posted: 5 Sep 2018 19:25
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Martin Wynne wrote: 

A lower viewpoint would have been better. I have far too many photos taken from 5ft-6in  above the ground.

A lower viewpoint today, and I'm happy to confirm that the snow has now melted:

Martin.

287th message | this message only posted: 8 Sep 2018 13:24
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

There are thousands of pictures showing this view of Worcester Cathedral, taken from that side of the bridge.

But not so many looking across the bridge to include the city coat of arms on the parapet. Yesterday I found out why. With 4 lanes of traffic and a constant stream of pedestrians between me and this shot, I was standing there for a good 10 minutes before I could get this: 

Here is the Google view: https://goo.gl/maps/pZFAv3FesSo

Martin.

288th message | this message only posted: 8 Sep 2018 21:10
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Martin Wynne wrote:

What a great playground they had - summer school holidays 1969, in the sunshine. :)

See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088q1ml/iolos-great-welsh-parks-series-3-3-padarn-country-park

289th message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 11:35
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Evening sunshine yesterday:

Martin.

290th message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 12:56
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

OK, I give up:

Linked from http://radioparadise.com

Martin.

291st message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 21:16
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

A couple from today's walk:

Martin.

292nd message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 21:37
John Durbetaki
Gaston, Oregon USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Just curious Martin - that last photo of the gate - it does not seem to have a purpose and the gate looks in pretty good condition.

293rd message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 21:42
Rob Manchester
Manchester

view images in gallery
view images as slides
John Durbetaki wrote: Just curious Martin - that last photo of the gate - it does not seem to have a purpose and the gate looks in pretty good condition.John,
Gates are often put in first and the fence ( or wall ) is then built up to it. The gate appears to be new, it hasn't got all it's hardware in place yet.

Rob

294th message | this message only posted: 12 Sep 2018 22:35
Matt M.
Australia

view images in gallery
view images as slides
HI Martin,

I'll bite. What are you giving up on?

Matt M.

295th message | this message only posted: 13 Sep 2018 00:28
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

John Durbetaki wrote: Just curious Martin - that last photo of the gate - it does not seem to have a purpose and the gate looks in pretty good condition.Hi John,

Those mysterious gates are quite common along public rights of way on access land. When livestock is on the land, electric fence wires are attached to them. You can see the next post in the picture.

No marks for whoever made those gate posts -- they should have an angled top. With flat tops, rainwater will lie on them, enter the end-grain of the wood, and they will rot.

Rob Manchester wrote:The gate appears to be new, it hasn't got all it's hardware in place yet.It's been there for a few years now Rob, along with several others on the site. The gate latch has gone missing -- either needed elsewhere, or maybe stolen. The gate was swinging open when I arrived. Judging by the long grass around it, it hasn't been used recently.

Matt M. wrote: I'll bite. What are you giving up on?Taking pictures -- when I saw that one come up on the Radio Paradise slide show. I'm not going to match that, am I? :(

Mike (the RP picture editor) now has over 50,000 pictures in his database including about 200 of mine. He accepts about 50% of the ones I submit. Some of mine do come up quite often on the slide show -- I noticed this one was on tonight:

It's pleasing to see your pictures being shown to the world. To submit your own, go to:

https://www.radioparadise.com/image_upload.php

RP is a non-profit radio channel, with no irritating advertising between the music. They rely entirely on listener donations. Here's the music/slideshow link:

https://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2s.php

cheers,

Martin.

296th message | this message only posted: 14 Sep 2018 11:53
Matt M.
Australia

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Thanks Martin,

I'll have a look and listen.

There are less salubrious parts of Slovenia that can be photographed.
I don't think Lake Bled is a fair example of the average.

Matt M.

297th message | this message only posted: 14 Sep 2018 18:37
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
We took our trailer (caravan) to Canada this week. View from the campsite about 20 miles North of Lake Louise. It was a bit chilly too :)

298th message | this message only posted: 15 Sep 2018 00:21
madscientist

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Martin Wynne wrote: OK, I give up:

Linked from http://radioparadise.com

Martin.
is that real or photoshopped 

299th message | this message only posted: 15 Sep 2018 03:41
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
madscientist wrote:is that real or photoshopped Real I think. Looks like Lake Bled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Bled

300th message | this message only posted: 15 Sep 2018 05:25
Andrew Barrowman
USA

view images in gallery
view images as slides
I cheated a bit. This is the view in wide-angle. I was playing with the zoom on our Nikon B700.

301st message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:16
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Chirk, 1997:

302nd message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:17
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Stands the church clock at ten to three?
And is there honey still for tea?

303rd message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:29
Charles Orr
Leicester, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Honey's off dear

304th message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 15:23
Jim Guthrie
United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Charles Orr wrote: Honey's off dearI wonder how many on this forum are old enough to know where that came from. :D

Jim.

305th message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 15:52
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Jim Guthrie wrote: Charles Orr wrote: Honey's off dearI wonder how many on this forum are old enough to know where that came from. :DWatch to the end:

:)

Martin.

306th message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 16:27
Charles Orr
Leicester, United Kingdom

view images in gallery
view images as slides
This is the version I remembered.
I certainly owned this vinyl LP.

307th message | this message only posted: 16 Sep 2018 17:56
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Worcester Cathedral again:

Bewdley, SVR:

Martin.

308th message | this message only posted: 17 Sep 2018 08:25
DaveJ61

view images in gallery
view images as slides
The sort of thing I used to get up to, all year round. No mobile phones or playstations in those days.
No health and safety either. :-)

Martin Wynne wrote: Martin Wynne wrote:

What a great playground they had - summer school holidays 1969, in the sunshine. :)

See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088q1ml/iolos-great-welsh-parks-series-3-3-padarn-country-park

309th message | this message only posted: 17 Sep 2018 10:15
madscientist

view images in gallery
view images as slides
interesting , GWR signals , I always thought they favoured having the balance weighs down the main pole but clearly not here

310th message | this message only posted: 18 Sep 2018 02:28
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Given up on the Companion for tonight. Found these:

Martin.

311th message | this message only posted: 18 Sep 2018 11:53
Nigel Brown

view images in gallery
view images as slides
Excellent pics. Were these film or digital?

Nigel

312th message | this message only posted: 18 Sep 2018 12:47
Martin Wynne

view images in gallery
view images as slides

Nigel Brown wrote: Excellent pics. Were these film or digital?Thanks Nigel.

Menai Bridge 2004 and Bewdley 2015 are digital.

The harbour picture (Cemaes 2001) is film.

cheers,

Martin.

This is topic ID = 3228     Page created at 20:35 (local time) Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8     
You can type a quick reply to this topic here.

Click in the box to begin.

But to reply to an individual message, or to include images, attachments and formatted text, use the reply buttons on each message above.

To start a new topic in this forum, click the Start new topic button below.
To start a new topic in a different forum, click the Forum Jump drop-down list below.

Start new topic 

click to jump to a different forum:     Back to top of page

Templot Club > Forums > Off track > Fresh air and photos
about Templot Club

list recently active topics Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.

The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.
Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2018