Here's a round-up of items from Templot2 which are currently missing from OpenTemplot:
1. items excluded for copyright reasons:
Formatted text blocks on the Sketchboard
It should be possible to find open-source replacements for these, but it is likely that they will require some changes in the way of working.
Templot FBR video player
If you have Templot2 installed you can use the included player directly. Alternatively the normal player (free) from Blueberry Software can be used instead.
2. items excluded because at present the licensing is unclear:
I'm hoping that this can be clarified with Nils. Unfortunately his injury makes things difficult.
If not, it is very unlikely that a similar package can be found, and it would need a completely new-style sketchboard function. That would be a significant amount of work.
3. items temporarily excluded because they need more work for Lazarus:
Direct scanning of background picture shapes
Background maps edit: now working 04-07-2018
Text printing, such as the box lists and the
F-key chart F-key chart fixed by Adrian
EMF and WMF Metafiles
File associations for .otbox and .otbgs files.
All these should be back in due course.
4. items not working because I failed to fix them before releasing OpenTemplot, sorry:
Drag and drop .otbox files onto the trackpad. I have already fixed this and have an update ready.
Background picture shapes. I'm on the case.
fixed in the latest release
5. items which don't work in Lazarus and are unlikely to be made available, unless someone wants to do a lot of work:
Option to change to XP-style menus.
Just to repeat, the above is all for OpenTemplot only. Everything is working fine in Templot2 (unless you know different).
message ref: 25003