author remove search highlighting

posted: 22 Sep 2018 12:12

R.I.Lamb

North Berwick - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hello,
  My first posting on here having just returned to Templot and forgotton seemingly most of what I once knew!
  I have been trying to progress with the above turnout (not the manual approach) and have fallen at the first hurdle! Having followed the steps to arrive at the the 3-way but not undertaken any adjustment to wing rails etc how do you proceed to work on the combined template in 'current' and not each of the components. I need to move a wing rail (which I can do by bringing the appropriate segment to 'current' and using the mouse.) My problem is keeping the component parts together.
    An elementary failure to grasp the basics I am sure but the grey matter isn't up to par these days.
                                                                                                        Robert

posted: 22 Sep 2018 14:09

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

If you have been away from Templot for a while you may not know that Templot can now do most of the work of creating a 3-way tandem turnout for you. See the tools > make 3-way tandem turnout > menu items. But first please read this page:

http://templot.com/companion/3_way_tandem_turnouts.php

Which like most pages of the Templot Companion has the dreaded "...to be continued..." at the bottom. I'm sorry, I haven't yet got round to the tutorials on how to make the final adjustments needed. I assumed that by the time a Templot user has got as far as creating tandem turnouts they would know how to do that.

Briefly, you need to delete each component partial template into the control template, make the adjustments, and then store it again. The templates are overlapping, so you will need to have the name labels switched on (END key). To select the required partial template, hold down the SHIFT key and click on its name label.

The created templates have all been given a prefix tag on their name -- choose the option to retain this:

2_220907_510000000.png2_220907_510000000.png

To move, rotate, link to other templates, etc., the tandem as a unit you need to select it as a group using those prefix tags -- group > create smaller group > group by prefix tag > menu items. Mostly however a tandem would be created in place in the track plan by starting with an initial turnout which is already part of the track plan.

If you post a screenshot or attach your .box file I can answer in more detail.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 23 Sep 2018 13:53

R.I.Lamb

North Berwick - United Kingdom

Martin,
Thanks for your help; knuckles duly rapped for engaging in this template build! Whilst my knowledge is rusty the processes of current/ background are understood. What was giving me a problem was getting one template which I could print. That I now have and thank you. I should also say that I have always stuck to creating one template at a time then printing it out rather than attempting to create a complete or partial track plan. I will refrain from indulging in the more 'demanding' configurations and content myself by working within my capabilities in future.

posted: 23 Sep 2018 14:44

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

R.I.Lamb wrote:
knuckles duly rapped for engaging in this template build! ... I will refrain from indulging in the more 'demanding' configurations and content myself by working within my capabilities in future.
Hi Robert,

??? I wasn't rapping your knuckles. Sorry if it read that way. Just trying to explain why the docs are a bit sparse. Please do try the more complex functions if you need them. There is plenty of help here if you need it.

cheers,

Martin.

about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020