topic: 3339Fettling a mostly-done plan for a donation to charity
author remove search highlighting

posted: 9 Oct 2018 06:57

William Williamson

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi all,
Martin directed me that this might be a better place to post a question that i put on another model railway forum, so here goes!

I've put together a rough plan in Templot which I think I like the look of and want to take further - but it requires a number of tweaks that I just don't have the expertise to do myself. I know this is a skill I can accumulate over a number of years, but I'd rather spend that if possible building track as a result of the templot plan. I was wondering, if anyone of this parish might be interested in making the following plan 'finished' (in the sense that the geometry works, the timbers are in the right positions, etc.), for a payment to a worthy charity (macmillan, a locomotive trust/heritage railway, the royal british legion, etc.)?

This is the plan: http://i.imgur.com/rJBYDAh.png
Box file is attached.

I am happy to discuss terms and/or the specifics of what I'd like, but it roughly pans out to:
  1. Properly aligning the track/timbers so it can be used as templates for laying track (though I think I'm mostly fine with my angles, I have no idea about how to do this 'properly')
  2. Maintaining a minimum radius of 24" using B-type 1:6 and 1:7 geometry.
  3. Slimming the goods yard down a bit (prob just adjusting the fan a bit, the goods shed should have the covered track on the top side as well, so that may help)
  4. Shuffling the track at the 4' mark so the layout can be split into two halves (again, it took me hours and hours to get this from a verbatim copy to the compressed version you see here!)
Many thanks!
Attachment: attach_2764_3339_caterham_compressed.box     143

posted: 9 Oct 2018 12:13

Raymond

Bexhill-on-sea - United Kingdom

Hi William,
I'l be happy to look at your plan and work on it so it suits your purposes.  A donation to Prostate Cancer Research would be appreciated.
Regards
Raymond

posted: 9 Oct 2018 12:46

William Williamson

That would be most grand, can you email me or let me know your address? Of course, I will happily post the result here at the conclusion for everyone to enjoy :)

Best wishes,

posted: 9 Oct 2018 13:03

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi William,

I have removed your email address from your message, as this is a public web page visible to the entire world and address harvesters.

You can make your email address visible to other members (only) by going to:

http://85a.co.uk/forum/my_account.php?edit_profile=1

Tick the box to make your email address visible to other users, and click Save.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 9 Oct 2018 13:06

William Williamson

Thanks Martin! :)

posted: 9 Oct 2018 13:09

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

William Williamson wrote:
Thanks Martin! :)
You're welcome. :)

(Other members can see your email address by clicking your name on the left, and then Profile.)

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Fettling a mostly-done plan for a donation to charity
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020