topic: 339Group delete
author remove search highlighting

posted: 19 Feb 2008 18:33

davelong

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi Martin

Would like to ask if it would be possible at some time for a group delete option for templot.

Reason being is that I've just finished designing yet another plan, with 2 levels. Now I needed to get the connecting tracks in the right place so I continued the plan until I had two layers of track on top of each other. Also I've saved the levels as seperate .box files, so I needed to move all the higher level tracks out of view and ultimately delete them. Having a group delete function would have saved a number of minutes.

I've had a need for such a function during other designs, so not just a case of a one off for me.

Kind regards

Dave

As an adition, having used the group functions quite a bit, is there a reason behind the shift group onto notch command not quite working, the group seems to shift but only near the notch and not on it?

v0.82d by the way, if this has been addressed in a newer version sorry for the post.

posted: 19 Feb 2008 19:02

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

davelong wrote:
Would like to ask if it would be possible at some time for a group delete option for Templot.
Hi Dave,

Group delete is on the storage box menus. :)  control > storage box... menu item then on the storage box window group > delete group menu item or group > delete all except group menu item.

As an addition, having used the group functions quite a bit, is there a reason behind the shift group onto notch command not quite working, the group seems to shift but only near the notch and not on it?
Can you explain what's happening a bit more? Did you move the current template first to "lead the way"? But this function is mostly obsolete -- it's easier to use the notch linking functions instead. See: notch linking .

regards,

Martin.

posted: 19 Feb 2008 20:23

davelong

Hi Martin

Thanks hadn't thought of there, think I must have checked every where except there and oh and probably the manual. :(feeling silly now.

The shift group on to notch seems to be different every time, however I think the notch linking is much more suitable.

Thanks for your time once more.

Dave

posted: 19 Feb 2008 22:12

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

davelong wrote:
Thanks hadn't thought of there, think I must have checked every where except there and oh and probably the manual. :( feeling silly now.

Hi Dave,

No need to feel silly. That's what this forum is here for.

Asking questions I mean, not feeling silly! :)

In fact, the latest pug version 091c has delete group also on the pad's group menu. Here's the link:

091c info and download

regards,

Martin.

about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020