author remove search highlighting

posted: 1 Apr 2019 17:03

rynd2it

Chabanais 16 - France

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Hi,
I have created a png output file in diagram mode but it appears incomplete as some templates are not being included.

I've attached the box file and the png - can you help me understand what is going on?

Thanks

David

3070_011203_360000000.png3070_011203_360000000.png

Attachment: attach_2810_3406_faringdon_gwr_revised.box     145

posted: 1 Apr 2019 18:16

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi David,

Diagram mode works by filling colour between the stock rails.

This means that in the case of partial templates not having both stock rails present, for example the components of a tandem turnout, it is not possible for them to appear in diagram mode.

There are several ways of working round this restriction:

1. temporarily overlay plain track templates over the partial templates. These can be kept in a separate .box file, and added to the track plan whenever it is desired to create diagram-mode output.

or,

2. change to detail mode instead. The appearance can be changed using the various options in the output menu.

3. in detail mode, use the thick centre-lines only option, which is broadly similar to the effect of diagram mode:

2_011306_330000000.png2_011306_330000000.png

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 2 Apr 2019 09:42

rynd2it

Chabanais 16 - France

Thanks Martin, that works but I ran into some issues with line thickness, once I changed the track colour the line went really thin and nothing in the options seems to fix it - see below. It's not a big deal, I was just playing with moving the track a bit to use smaller baseboards

David
3070_020441_570000000.png3070_020441_570000000.png

posted: 2 Apr 2019 12:51

Phil O

Plymouth - United Kingdom

David,

If you want to move the track plan use the Group, group all and then shift all options. You can either use the shift with mouse or the other option is to input the x and y coordinates.

Once you have got your track plan where you want it use group, group select none.

Phil

posted: 2 Apr 2019 13:04

rynd2it

Chabanais 16 - France

Phil O wrote:
David,

If you want to move the track plan use the Group, group all and then shift all options. You can either use the shift with mouse or the other option is to input the x and y coordinates.

Once you have got your track plan where you want it use group, group select none.

Phil
Thanks Phil, but I knew that. I'm only moving part of the plan and bending a siding or two. Then I can overlay the two output files to judge the effect.
David

posted: 2 Apr 2019 13:39

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

rynd2it wrote:
that works but I ran into some issues with line thickness, once I changed the track colour the line went really thin and nothing in the options seems to fix it
Hi David,

At present I can't reproduce that, can you say exactly which settings you used? You may have found a bug.

The track centre-lines are output in the same colour as the rail edges, so to change it you need this setting:

2_020831_050000000.png2_020831_050000000.png

Sorry that's counter-intuitive when using track centre-lines only. I will see if I can make the menu a bit more sensible.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 2 Apr 2019 13:52

rynd2it

Chabanais 16 - France

Hi Martin,Changing the rail edge colour did make a difference - see below

Thanks 
David
3070_020852_250000000.png3070_020852_250000000.png

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Export a png file - missing bits
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020