author remove search highlighting

posted: 2 Apr 2019 12:18

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Stephen Freeman wrote:
One thing I'd like to see in Templot is the ability to alter the actual angle of the end of rails (check or wing)
Hi Stephen,

Yes, you can do that by modifying the flangeway end-gap and the flare length.

For an individual check rail or wing rail, use the real > adjust check rails... menu item. Here is a bit of video showing that being done:

http://flashbackconnect.com/Default.aspx?id=m3nrRymDOeSvsWfXoQojcg2

2_020716_480000000.png2_020716_480000000.png

To change all the check rails on a template: 1. change the flare length at real > V-crossing options > customize V-crossing > wing and check rails... menu item. 2. Change the end-gap as below:

2_020705_450000000.png2_020705_450000000.png

The issue is not as simple as it might seem, because the flare length is a prototype setting (entered in inches), but the end gap is a model setting which depends on the track standards in use (entered in mm).

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 2 Apr 2019 14:10

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Unfortunately that's not what I meant. I knew I can bend/chamfer check rails (machined) etc on the checked rail side of the check rail, it's the inside I'd like it do.

posted: 2 Apr 2019 15:05

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Stephen Freeman wrote:
Unfortunately that's not what I meant. I knew I can bend/chamfer check rails (machined) etc on the checked rail side of the check rail, it's the inside I'd like it do.
Hi Stephen,

That's not directly supported, but it is easy enough to do if needed:

1. set the required flare length, and a machined end.

2. wait until the track design is finalised, as with shoving timbers, etc.

3. split out the machined end of the check rail as a separate partial template.

4. set peg free, and then move the peg manually to the start of the flare (CTRL+F8 or 8 mouse action).

5. rotate the end of the rail around the peg as required (F8 mouse action) and/or adjust the end-gap at the same time, like this:

2_020943_450000000.png2_020943_450000000.png

6. store it, and ideally add a prefix tag so that you can easily group the two templates later if needed.

p.s. it's helpful if folks properly explain what they are asking about. My telepathy machine isn't always reliable. I spent quite a bit of time preparing a video to show what I thought you meant. Hopefully others found it useful. :)

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 2 Apr 2019 16:12

Stephen Freeman

Sandbach - United Kingdom

Thank you, works for me.

posted: 3 Apr 2019 16:36

Tony W

North Notts. - United Kingdom

Hi Stephen.
I have in the past been known to use just the extreme end of a crossing nose (blanking out everything else) attached to the end of a check rail to achieve the desired effect. Minimalist partial templates.
Where there's a will....
Regards
Tony.

Templot Club > Forums > Templot talk > Flangeway end gap
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020