author remove search highlighting

posted: 19 Mar 2020 15:54

Arno

Paris - France

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
Thank you, Martin,

It's just the way I imagined it, just a lot more complete. I can now draw on my plans the timbers on which I want to solder the tracks. I also think it's good that you can specify the colours for the next time. But I think it's a pity that this doesn't work for background templates and exported images. If you select a timber, you have to click twice more each time. For example, if you select one in five timbers .....

Anyway, it's great that this works now.

Thank you

Arno

Attachment: attach_3007_3629_Document_20200319_001.pdf     103
Last edited on 8 May 2020 13:53 by Arno
posted: 19 Mar 2020 20:18

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Arno wrote:
is there a possibility to colour a timber like shown in the attachment? I would colour the timbers before I print out the track plan. This would be very fine when I paste it on the ground plate and I have all timbers yet ready to position these for soldering the rails.
Hi Arno,

Welcome to Templot Club. :)

Do you mean the colour of all the timbers? Or are you wanting to colour some individual timbers differently from the others?

The printed colour for all the timbers can be set in the output menu:

2_191449_050000000.png2_191449_050000000.png

At present there is no option to mark individual timbers in a different colour.

I suspect that you are not so much asking for a different colour, but for some means to mark individual timbers differently from the others.

There has never been any demand for that in UK modelling, although modellers do often scribble notes on the templates. I believe in many other countries a popular construction method is to use soldered copper-clad laminate for just a few of the timbers, with plastic or wood for the remainder. (That wouldn't look good in the UK, at least for bullhead track, because chaired bullhead requires a different timber thickness from soldered construction).

There are several clunky ways which you might achieve the desired result in Templot, but none very straightforward or helpful. For example you could duplicate a template, set a marker colour on the lower one, and then omit some timbers on the upper template in the shove timber functions so that the coloured ones from below show through.

Or you could export template files, and edit and print them in a separate program. For example entities in a DXF file could be edited to any desired colour in a CAD package, and the template printed from there. Likewise an exported EMF file could be edited in a program such as Metafile Companion, and then imported into Templot as a background picture shape for printing. The difficulty there would be restoring the correct scaling.

None of the above is very convenient or sensible, so I'm not minded to provide detailed instructions.

Instead I will release a program update soon in which the colour and/or infill style of an individual timber can be set in the shove timber functions.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 22 Mar 2020 19:53

Jürgen Haase

Paris - France

Hello Martin,

exactly, I want to colour some individual timbers differently from the others like they are shown (e.g. timbers in dark grey) in the document which I hat enclosed in my first mail.

But it is for me un very good message that you will release a program update soon in which the colour can be set in the shove timber functions.

Cheers

Arno

posted: 6 May 2020 14:25

Martin Wynne

Hi Arno,

This is now implemented in Templot version 226a. For more information, see:

topic 3661

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 8 May 2020 16:42

Martin Wynne

Arno wrote: 
It's just the way I imagined it, just a lot more complete. I can now draw on my plans the timbers on which I want to solder the tracks. I also think it's good that you can specify the colours for the next time. But I think it's a pity that this doesn't work for background templates and exported images
Hi Arno,

Thanks.

I think you are saying you want the "same next time" button to apply to the tickbox settings in addition to the colour setting?

I can see the logic in that, I will get on with it soon. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Also Paul's suggestion for a "syncable" option on the background shapes.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 9 May 2020 20:58

Martin Wynne

Arno wrote:
But I think it's a pity that this doesn't work for background templates and exported images.
Hi Arno,

This is now fixed in version 226b, one button remembers all the settings:

2_091546_210000000.png2_091546_210000000.png

Many thanks for your feedback on this. :)

More info:

topic 3663

cheers,

Martin.

Templot Club > Forums > Baffled beginners > possibility to colour a timber
about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020