Templot Club Archive 2007-2020                             

topic: 3725X and Y axis
author remove search highlighting

posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:18

Graham Long

click the date to link to this post
click member name to view archived images
view images in gallery view images as slides
I want to position the 0 for x and y axes at bottom left  of screen. Is there a way to fix it at this position so that when the image is enlarged there no need  reposition the the intersection of  X and Y axes.

posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:16

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Graham Long wrote:
I want to position the 0 for x and y axes at bottom left  of screen. Is there a way to fix it at this position so that when the image is enlarged there no need  reposition the the intersection of  X and Y axes.
Hi Graham,

I'm assuming by "the image" you mean the trackpad screen view rather than background picture shapes? (There are several options available for those when scaling (resizing) them and synchronising them with template moves.)

For panning and zooming on the trackpad there are a dozen different options and settings, depending on whether you want to use:

the mouse actions (Templot style)
screen dragging (as on slippy maps)
the mouse wheel
the keyboard arrow keys
keyboard shortcuts
click or hold down tool-buttons
or something else?

and I confess I can't remember all of them. :?

If you want the X-Y axes to stay put (wherever they are) when zooming, you can use this mouse action to zoom:

2_260442_000000000.png2_260442_000000000.png

and then move the mouse from left to right. The word lock there is confusing, because most functions unlock the screen zoom. (It means only to cancel the free-zooming setting available when using the F4,F5 mouse actions on templates which are on their datum.)

Sorry there isn't a keyboard shortcut for that mouse action, but the accelerator keys work: press and release ALT, then C, P, S, keys in sequence. I will look at providing a faster access in the next program update.

If while using that mouse action you click the figure showing in blue on the mouse action panel for pad width, you can set the zoom level and the position of the axes on the screen directly. You can also do that by clicking this button:

2_260434_280000000.png2_260434_280000000.png

Another way to keep the axes in position while zooming is to click this option:

2_260505_100000000.png2_260505_100000000.png

and then move the mouse over the 0,0 trackpad grid origin while rolling the mouse wheel.

p.s. Handy tip for screen dragging with the mouse: if you use the middle button (i.e. press down on the wheel) rather than the left button, you can click anywhere on the screen to begin dragging, without accidentally selecting a template.

cheers,

Martin.

posted: 27 Jul 2020 18:58

Martin Wynne

West Of The Severn - United Kingdom

Hi Graham,

I have made a few changes for the next program update:

2_271347_240000000.png2_271347_240000000.png

There is a new menu item to move the grid origin back to the default bottom-left position, but without changing the zoom level. This will often mean losing the track plan from the visible area of course.

I have managed to shoehorn a new tickbox on the panning dialog, labelled sc zm (which means scale zoom). Ticking the box swaps the zoom by mouse action button from spot zoom to scale zoom. This makes up for no keyboard shortcut being available for the scale zoom menu item, as I mentioned. Use this dialog instead.

In the next update soon.

cheers,

Martin.

about Templot Club

Templot Companion - User Guide - A-Z Index Templot Explained for beginners Please click: important information for new members and first-time visitors.
indexing link for search engines

back to top of page

Please read this important note about copyright: Unless stated otherwise, all the files submitted to this web site are copyright and the property of the respective contributor. You are welcome to use them for your own personal non-commercial purposes, and in your messages on this web site. If you want to publish any of this material elsewhere or use it commercially, you must first obtain the owner's permission to do so.
The small print: All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted. The owner of this web site is not responsible for any content displayed here other than his own contributions. The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason. Problems with this web site? Contact webmaster@templot.com.   This web site uses cookies: click for information.  
© 2020